AND CONSOLIDATE CONTRACTS: MARINES TO OUTSOURCE
- DIFFERENT FROM OTHER N/C SEGMENTS: MARINE CORPS MESSHALLS DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT FROM CONTRACTOR. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Discusses several factors differentiating foodservice management in the United States Marine Corps and military from other market segments. Food service distribution; Preparation of food under the guidelines stipulated in the Armed Forces Recipe Card Service; Lack of revenue-generating...
- Sodexo Lands Marines Deal. // Food Management;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Marine Corps had selected Sodexo SA as the provider of food services at 20 Marine Corps mess halls on the West Coast for seven years.
- Marines' recruitment of Sodexho marches along. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the partnership between the food service firm Sodexho and U.S. Marine Corps. Total amount of the contract; Benefits of the relationship for the group; Terms of the contract.
- MAKING IT WORK: Cooking and chilling in the 21st Century. VanNortwick, Mary // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p88
Focuses on cooking and chilling operations in the foodservice industry. Ways to measure productivity in cook-chill operations; Benefits of cook-chill operations; Outcome of a cook-chill system implemented by the United States Marine Corps.
- PROTEST UPHELD: MARINE CORPS F/S CONTRACTS DELAYED. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p5
Reports that protest movements delayed the contract of Sodexho with the United States (U.S.) Marine Corps. Value of the contract; Neglect of the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) on the protest movement staged by J.W. Holdings Group; Plans of GAO to analyze issues raised in the protests.
- Upon further review, Marines uphold Sodexho food contract. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p20
Reports that the Sodexho Inc., the U.S.-based arm of the French contract firm Sodexho Alliance will keep previously contested contracts to provide foodservice for mess halls at all Marine Corps bases in the U.S. Problems related to claims made by other bidders on the failure of the Marine Corps...
- HILL AWARD WINNER--MCRD SAN DIEGO: Marine Corps messhall stresses daily commitment to quality. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p44
Features the Messhall 620 building of the United States Marine Corps Recruiting Department/Western Recruiting Region in San Diego, California, winner of the 2001 Hill Memorial Awards Program for Food Service Excellence. Description of the food service operation; Effect of the competition on...
- SEEKING ADVANCE FOOD PRODUCTION: MARINE CORPS TAPS SODEXHO FOR MESSHALL MANAGEMENT. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the food service management contracts awarded to Sodexho Marriott Services Inc. by HQ Marine Corps covering messhalls on Marine Corps installations in the United States. Goals in awarding the contracts; Value of the contracts.
- Marine museum blends culinary, military history. // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on two restaurants opened by the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, Virginia. Guest Services Inc. is the foodservice operator of the museum. The Mess Hall is a 160-seat cafeteria and opens for breakfast and lunch. Meanwhile, The Tun Tavern, a replica of an...