Coalition Backs Others On USF
- Dependable Broadband a Necessity. Ward, Jesse // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
Introduces a series of articles on rural telecommunication, including an overview of positive outcomes of broadband technology.
- Country Connections. Huminilowycz, Marc // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 165, p38
Talks about the alliances formed between small communities and local utilities to complete fiber-optic projects for broadband access in Canada. Role of technology in reviving the economy; Accessibility of the broadband project; Alliances which are helping to attract jobs and boost local...
- 10 Ways Broadband Transforms Rural America. // Rural Telecom;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses ways how does broadband transform the rural communities in the U.S.
- Broadband Pilot Program: RUS Celebrates Second Anniversary. Pittman, Darren // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p32
Evaluates the accomplishments of the Rural Utilities Service broadband pilot loan program on its second year. Origins of the program; Funding mechanism under the initiative; Benefits gained by rural telephone companies.
- IN NEED OF A HELPING HAND: Bringing Advanced Services to All Americans. Reiter, Scott // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the results of the National Telephone Cooperative Association survey on Internet and broadband services in the rural telecommunication industry in the United States. Dial-up Internet service provided by the telecommunication companies in rural areas; Availability of broadband services...
- BROADBAND: A PRIMER ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY. Boudreaux, Greg; Sloboda, Brian // Management Quarterly;Fall2000, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p2
Examines the technologies which may be utilized to deliver broadband communications to rural areas in the United States. Description and properties of digital communication; Advantages and applicability of broadband technologies in rural areas; Differences between the digital divide and the lack...
- SWEET HOME ALABAMA. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;6/3/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 22, p92
Addresses the need for broadband access by rural communities in Florala, Alabama. Experiences of resident Mabel Jones chronicled through her Web site; Problem of installing broadband access in the area; Information on the broadband access offered by GTCom.
- #Rural Is Social. // Rural Telecom;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p10
The article presents social media posts related to NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association as of September 2014 including the campaign that highlights the important work of rural telecommunication companies, NTCA's Smart Rural Community Initiative, and challenges and potential of broadband...
- Smart and Gig-Capable: Two Reasons to Celebrate. Withers, Laura // Rural Telecom;Nov/Dec2016, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
The article introduces a report on the growth of the U.S. National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA)â€“The Rural Broadband Association's two programs "Our Smart Rural Community" and "Gig-Capable Provider Certification," highlighting innovations in building smart broadband...