Wireless ASPs Reduce Risks
- CallWave plays numbers game. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the Mobile Call Screening and Mobile Call transfer applications launched by Santa Barbara, California-based CallWave as of January 2005. Use of the applications; Overview of the marketing research used to find the need for the services; Satisfaction of a CallWave user who signed up...
- PRODUCT PICK. Ohlhorst, Frank J. // CRN;5/16/2005, Issue 1147, p4A
The article reports that many small businesses do not need to invest in a full-featured wireless communication solution and are just looking for a way to give mobile workers access to basic e-mail and messaging capabilities. Solution providers looking for a way to provide wireless instant...
- Business Apps: Going For The Tried And True. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;1/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the increase in demand for wireless business applications. Applications that corporations are most interested in; Factor driving the interest in wireless networking; Survey of Nokia on mobile e-mail use.
- The Challenges of Unwired Freedom. Beard, Marty // Wireless Week;8/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p29
The article highlights the challenges of mobile technology in business. Several security techniques should be factored in to mobile enterprise policies and practices. Heterogeneous support for all major mobile devices and operating systems is another key requirement in a successful mobile...
- A focused network. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;11/17/2004, Issue 2171, p24
The article reports that wireless datacommunications network Mobitex has confounded its critics by not only surviving in a world of 3G and GPRS but building more networks and getting the endorsement of none other than BT. Instead, in spite of the proliferation of newer, faster wireless...
- Enterprise Integration. Moon, George // GEOWorld;May2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p20
Provides information on the mobile wireless location-based services (LBS) on cellular telephones. Factors that affect LBS projections; Indications that LBS are ready for rapid growth; Significance of the availability of location for mobile cellular devices on business users.
- Toward an Efficient Framework for Designing, Developing, and Using Secure Mobile Applications. Serhani, Mohamed Adel; Benharref, Abdelghani; Dssouli, Rachida; Mizouni, Rabeb // Proceedings of World Academy of Science: Engineering & Technolog;Apr2009, Vol. 52, p122
Nowadays, people are going more and more mobile, both in terms of devices and associated applications. Moreover, services that these devices are offering are getting wider and much more complex. Even though actual handheld devices have considerable computing power, their contexts of utilization...
- Are we telecommunicating more and enjoying it less? Modic, Stan // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jun2006, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p10
The author reflects on technological status of today's telephone technology, cellular phones with state of the art features and the merging of several telecommunications company in the U.S. He also compare the situation of today to the previous where in telephone calls are not that expensive....
- ComunicaciÃ³n al instante. ILSE MAUBER, ARTURO GARCÍA E. // Entrepreneur Mexico;nov2008, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p112
No abstract available.