Tackling The Human Interface
- Testing the Internet of Things â€“ Are You Future Ready? Chintala, Sai // PC Quest;May2014, p50
The article discusses the need to avoid device failures and defects to ensure success in testing an Internet of Things (IoT) Ecosystem. Topics discussed include the anticipated expansion of the number smart devices on the IoT in 2020, the factors to be regarded when executing IoT test, and the...
- Stay Away From the Next Bug. Andel, Tom // Material Handling Management;Jan2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on the factors that will affect information supply chains in 2000 and the 21st century. Improvements in streaming technology and data compression; Wireless technology; Graphical user interfaces; Integration of applications in the Internet.
- search engine update. // Online;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
This section offers news briefs about search engines. Bing has expanded its personalized results to Adaptive Search which uses search history to better target results. Google's social network, Google+ has expanded by integrating into Google search. The redesigned Exalead Labs includes MuMa, a...
- Apple Continuity. LARSEN, KURT // PN;Jan2015, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p35
The article offers a review of Apple's OS X Yosemite's and iOS8's Handoff and Continuity features for seamless integration of voice calls and dictation on its devices such as iPhone, iPad and MacBook.
- INTERNET ENABLED WIRELESS MASS DATA SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. Sihvonen, Markus; Tähtinen, Jouko; Pakkala, Daniel; Pääkkkönen, Pekka // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2005, p237
The separation of wireless and wired systems is rapidly disappearing. A mobile extension to an enterprise system infrastructure has offered attractive but challenging business cases for system developers. While accomplishing this task one will face many problems that arise from the differences...
- OPEN THE A INTERFACE. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;12/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p28
Presents information on the A interface in wireless communication systems. How telecommunication carriers in various parts of the world view the development of standards for the A interface; Impact of the changes in radio interfaces on the A interface; Forecast on the use of the A interface in...
- Groups Push Rival Multimodal Technologies. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p23
Reports on the proposed application of multimodal user interface technologies in wireless communication systems. Importance of the evolution of devices and applications; Outlook for smart user interface technologies; Definition and specification of the technology published by Speech Application...
- The Look and Feel of Tomorrow. Attwell, Karen // Wireless Design & Development;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on user interfaces for next-generation wireless devices. General parameters for man-machine interface design; Importance of interactivity, mobility and affordability; Predictive text input; Development of an interface that accommodates customization.
- Achievable Sum Rate Analysis of ZF Receivers in 3D MIMO Systems. Xingwang Li; Lihua Li; Ling Xie // KSII Transactions on Internet & Information Systems;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p1368
Three-dimensional multiple-input multiple-output (3D MIMO) and large-scale MIMO are two promising technologies for upcoming high data rate wireless communications, since the inter-user interference can be reduced by exploiting antenna vertical gain and degree of freedom, respectively. In this...