Carrier Wades Through Politics, Bureaucracy In Tribal Quest
- Arizona May Confer ETC On Smith Bagley. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p10
Reports that Arizona communications regulators are preparing to confer the `eligible telecommunications carrier' (ETC) status to Smith Bagley Inc. to provide wireless service on Indian tribal lands. Indian lands that the company plans to serve; Efforts of Western Wireless Corp. in procuring ETC...
- A scattering of tribes. // Canadian Geographic;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the small size of Canada's Indian reservations compared to the reservations in the United States. Findings according to mappings by cartographer Robert White-Harvey published in the periodical `Dalhousie Law Journal,'; Statistics of reserve area and number in the two countries;...
- Positives about Indian gaming are eye-popping. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p10
Reports on the economic impact of casinos in Indian reservations. Jobs generated; Tribal share of jobs; Tribal share of jobs; Tribal unemployment rate; Total payroll; Purchases of goods and services; Revenue for tribal uses; Contributions to economy; Total gaming operations payout; Approval of...
- new sensation. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p53
Describes the Barona Valley Ranch resort located in the Barona Indian Reservation in northeastern San Diego County in California.
- hockey in the far north -- Kitchenuhmaykoosib. McDonald, James // Windspeaker;May2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p17
A photo essay is presented which documents the hockey for development program brought by Right to Play Canada's PLAY program to the Kitchenuhmaykoosib Native Reserve on Big Trout Lake in Northern Ontario on the second of February 2013.
- An isolated Indian tribe welcomes visitors to rugged Havasu Canyon. Cruickshank, Douglas // Travel & Leisure;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, pE21
Relates author's travel to the Havasupai Indian Reservation in Arizona. Description of landmarks.
- Good Work on Bad News. Schaefer, Paul // CounterPunch;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p4
A letter to the editor is presented related to Santa Clara Pueblo in New Mexico and native reservations.
- Implementation of Indian Reservation Roads Program and Streamlining the Federal Delivery of Tribal Transportation Services. Laverdure, Donald E. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/18/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 117, p36289
A correction to the article "Implementation of Indian Reservation Roads Program and Streamlining the Federal Delivery of Tribal Transportation Services" published in the May 7, 2012 issue of the journal is presented.
- ARIZONA GETAWAY. MARSH, RAEANNE // Native Peoples Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p24
The article presents a travel guide for the Ak-Chin Indian Community in Maricopa, Arizona as of January/February 2014, with locations discussed including the Ak-Chin Him-Dak Eco-Museum; Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort; and the UltraStar Multi-Tainment Center entertainment complex.