Argentina's Movicom Moves Wireless Internet To Market
- Business case still a question mark for services in South America. Alfie, Alejandro // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on mobile Internet services in South America as of March 2001. Mobile-commerce service of Entel PCS of Chile; Location-based service of Movicom BellSouth in Argentina; Details of the lobal system for mobile communications/General Packet Radio Service service launched by Nuevatel in Bolivia.
- Quintet to bid for Movistar's returned spectrum. // 2.5G-4G;Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on five operators that have applied to participate in the upcoming auction of wireless spectrum in the 850 megahertz (MHz) and 1900MHz bands of Argentina in 2012. These operators included Claro Argentina, Multitrunk and Superfone. It notes that this spectrum had been returned...
- The Coming Revolution In M-Commerce. Herman, James // Business Communications Review;Oct2000, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the revolution of the mobile Internet. Internet services which will be offered in wireless hand-held devices; Challenges faced by designers of hand-held devices and websites aimed at mobile audience; Applications of wireless Internet; Drawbacks of wireless services.
- Just Show Me the Phone. Cheung, David // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p4
Deals with the main driver for future success of the mobile Internet. Development of attractive and functional mobile devices; Increase in the number of providers offering standards service packages with the hopes of building substantial customer bases; Potential for the wireless Internet market.
- Keep on moving. Mukerjee, Sandip // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p120
Discusses the advantages of the mobile Internet network. Status of mobile communications around the world; Factors that contribute to the move toward mobility; Discussion on the link between the mobile network and the Internet; Information on the buddy group system in wireless communications.
- Next-Gen Standards Redefining Wireless. Daly, Brian // Electronic News;05/15/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p28
Focuses on the potentials of third-generation (3G) wireless technology which promises to bring together mobile communications and the Internet. Description on the long-term goal of 3G technology; Information on the 3G technology of choice for global system for mobile communications operators;...
- INSIGHT. // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p6
Reports on key developments concerning mobile communication systems as of November 2002. Profits from adult Internet content; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communications systems.
- Oy vey. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Discusses issues concerning the Internet and wireless technology. Includes American OnLine's (AOL) acquisition of Time Warner; Ultra-Orthodox Jewish rabbis' ban on the Internet; `Harper's article on privacy Net loss and other digital issues in its January 2000 issue.
- The New (Improved?) Wireless Web. Costello, Sam // PCWorld;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p133
Evaluates commercially available wireless Internet devices. Device type and network; Price; Key specifications; Performance in terms of speed, messaging and directions; Phone quality; Application in e-commerce and airline reservation. INSET: Surf Wi-Free--For Now.