Distributor Rivalry Deepens
- World briefs. // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p26
Presents news briefs concerning the global telecommunications industry as of May 17, 1999. Includes the effect of privatization in Latin America to their telecommunications sector; Commencement of Brightpoint Inc.'s operations in Zimbabwe under an agreement with Net*One; CellStar Corp.'s...
- Brightpoint to fly solo in India. King, Mason; Ellison, Evelyn; Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 53, p4
Reports that Brightpoint Inc. has cancelled joint venture negotiations with CellStar Corp. to provide wireless communications products in India. Failure to negotiate an agreement within the time frame set by the letter of intent; Entry into the India market without a partner; Likelihood that...
- Ex-devotee of Brightpoint now on other side of table. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/15/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p4
The article reports that Tim Durham who made $30 million investment in Brightpoint Inc. shares during the company's financial ruin, now stands as a potential obstacle to a blockbuster deal between Cellstar Corp. and Brightpoint Inc. Cellstar plans to liquidate with Brightpoint Inc., acquiring...
- Brightpoint picks up CellStar assets. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the plan of Brightpoint Inc. to purchase CellStar Corp. The logistics and distribution giant announced plans to buy CellStar's 500-employee U.S. operations, including its Miami headquarters, and the bulk of its Latin American business. The move is expected to add $450...
- Brightpoint to partner with rival. Pletz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p3
Reports that Brightpoint Inc. has chosen its competitor CellStar Corp. as its partner for a venture to distribute wireless telephones in India. Signing of a letter of intent to pursue a venture; Competition in foreign markets; Opportunities in India; Mutual benefits of partnership.
- AirTouch enters CellStar agreement. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p46
Reports on AirTouch Satellite Services Inc.'s agreement with CellStar Corp. under which CellStar will distribute wireless products for AirTouch's customers in the United States.
- CellStar to sell Motorola phones, accessories. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p2
Reports on logistics services provider CellStar Corp.'s decision to sell Motorola's wireless phones and accessories to carriers and dealers in the United States.
- Cashing In On The B2B Payoff. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on technologies used by electronic commerce companies. Objective of Andrew Corp. in using Extensible Markup Language (XML); Features of the XML system used by CellStar; Advantages of electronic commerce Web sites; Remarks from Mark Howell, president and chief executive of Brightpoint.
- Deals give Brightpoint world lead in wireless logistics. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the acquisitions deals of Brightpoint Inc., a cell phone distributor based in Plainfield, Indiana. Brightpoint has acquired the United States and Latin American operations of CellStar Corp. for $62.4 million. It has also acquired Dangaard Telecom, its European rival. The...