- CDMA-800, PCS-1900 Take Lead. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the rate of increase of 800/900 MHz cellular and 1800/1900 MHz personal communication services base stations around the world.
- PCS Markets. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p18
Lists 20 largest personal wireless communications services markets in the United States. Estimated number of subscribers in New York City; Wireless communications service carriers in the cities; Penetration rate on the population.
- Sonim, Symbian partner on push-to-talk. // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p9
Reports on the partnership forged by Sonim Technologies Inc. with mobile telephone operating system firm Symbian company. Purpose of the partnership.
- Is Symbian OK? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
Speculates on the negative condition of Symbian Ltd., a maker of operating systems (OS) for a number of wireless devices. Decision of Psion plc, a stakeholder of the company, to drop its plans to build a smart phone using the Symbian OS; Move of Motorola Inc., another stakeholder of the company,...
- Not yet public. // Electronic News (10616624);3/13/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2056, p4
Focuses on Texas Instrument's (TI) alleged agreement with Japan's Sony Corp. to jointly develop a high-resolution, low-power projection display based on TI's digital micromirror display (DMD) technology. Plans for marketing and supplying commercial products in 1996; Preliminary work done in DMD.
- SONY mylo PERSONAL COMMUNICATOR. // Investigate;Apr2008, Vol. 8 Issue 87, p87
The article evaluates the mylo personal communicator from Sony Corp.
- 3G networks propelling multimedia usage in Europe, M: Metrics finds. // RCR Wireless News;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the influence of third-generation wireless networks on multimedia usage in Europe according to a report from M:Metrics. According to the report, such users are more likely to watch video, play games or download content on their mobile phones. Eight percent of British...
- Verizon may launch PTT in July. // RCR Wireless News;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p12
Announces the plan of Verizon Wireless to launch its push-to-talk service in July 2003. Cellular telephone services companies in the U.S. which have similar plan.
- Wireless Retail readies for WLNP, along with carriers. // RCR Wireless News;10/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p24
Reports that Wireless Retail Inc. is preparing to comply with the U.S. federal government's mandate for wireless local number portability. Information services the company offers to cellular telephone services companies; Efforts of the industry to comply with the mandate.