Excite Portal Opens Door, To Whom?
- Excite@Home and Circuit City hammer out retail deal. // CED;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the contract won by Excite@Home to sell its @Home Cable Internet Pre-Installation Kit in Circuit City outlets. Marketing of @Home's high-speed Internet service.
- EXCITE@HOME TO SHUT DOWN FEBRUARY 28. // Online Newsletter;Jan2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
Reports the corporate shutdown of Excite@Home Inc. in February 28, 2002. Termination of employees; Stock ownership of AT and T in the company; Sale of the Excite.com Internet portal.
- EXCITE@HOME EXPECTED TO FOLD. // Online Newsletter;Sept2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8/9, p4
Reports the bankruptcy of the Excite@Home high-speed Internet service provider (ISP) in the United States. Control of stocks by AT&T; Effect of losses on Cox@home; Option of using other ISP by Cox@Home.
- @Home improvement. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;04/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p28
Offers a look at the Internet service provider, Excite@Home. Merger of Excite and the @Home cable broadband network to form the company; Reorganization of the company's management; Partnerships of the company with AT&T, Cox and Comcast.
- Excite fuels free Net. Tedeso, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;01/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p60
Reports on Excite@Home Corp.'s launching of the FreeWorld Internet access service. Link of the service to the company's Excite.com portal; Dial-up connections; Services provided.
- It's full speed ahead of Excite@Home upgrade. Dawson // Multichannel News;10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p49
Reports on Internet service provider Excite@Home Inc.'s technology upgrade program for its services as of October 18, 1999. Company background; Promotion of self installation among its subscribers.
- Excite@Home's Woes Included Open Access. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p96
Focuses on the bankruptcy of Excite@Home Corp., a cable-backed broadband Internet service provider (ISP) in the United States. Effects of the open access regulation implemented to cable operators on the financial performance of the company; Problems of Excite on the infighting between ISP and...
- EXCITE@HOME AXES STAFF. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;12/17/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 12, p8
Reports the dismissal of 400 staffers by the Internet service provider Excite@Home. Preparation for the shutter of business operation; Transition of high-speed internet service to other providers.
- 3 adds page for mobile broadband users. // New Media Age;8/21/2008, p5
The article reports on the launch of a start page for mobile operator 3's Internet service provider (ISP) subscribers. The launch of the page has the goal of giving new mobile broadband users information about the service including how much data in a gigabyte and how to stop up their mobile...