Nortel: From 'NERD' To Wireless Internet Star
- Nortel Warns On Sales. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reveals the decline in the wireless network revenue reported by Nortel for the fourth quarter of 2001. Overall revenue and pro forma loss Nortel posted for the same period.
- Nortel logs $1.41B loss. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the decline in the financial performance of Nortel Networks in the fourth quarter of 2001. Factors which contributed to business losses; Statement issued by chief financial chief officer Terry Hungle.
- Nortel confirms guidance. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p25
Reports that Nortel Networks Corp. has confirmed its forecasts for the fourth quarter of 2000, fiscal year 2000, first quarter 2001 and fiscal year 2001.
- Nortel 3Q earnings mirror difficult quarter of other vendors. Beckman, Kristen // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p31
Reports on the decline in the corporate earnings generated by Nortel Networks Corp. during the third quarter of 2000.
- Nortel Revises Outlook For 1Q 2001. // Wireless Week;11/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p23
Focuses on the financial performance of Nortel, a wireless and optical networking equipment maker based in Brampton, Ontario. Anticipated revenue for the fourth quarter of 2000; Factors that led to the company's strong growth; Predicted earnings and revenue for 2001.
- Nortel to cut more jobs, expects 10% drop in 3Q earnings. // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the retrenchment plan of Nortel Networks Ltd. Expected decline in earnings for the third quarter of 2002; Earnings posted for the second quarter.
- Nortel Warns Again. // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the profit warning issued by Nortel Networks. Projected earnings; Downsizing of Nortel Networks.
- Nortel Issues Warning. // Wireless Week;06/18/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p1
Deals with the negative revenue forecast of Nortel Networks for the second quarter of 2001. Reasons for the low earnings forecast; Plan of the company to reorganize.
- Nortel Loss In Line With Warning. // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Nortel in the third quarter of 2001. Loss and revenue posted by the company for the quarter; Details of the restructuring plans of the company for the fourth quarter.