- U S West plans bundled wireless offerings. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;01/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the U S West Communications Group bid $57 million for D and E-block personal communications services license in 53 markets, where it provides local wireline service. Information on U S West Communication's strategy; Comments from Corey Ford, vice president of development and...
- Network vendors look to China, U.S. for growth. Salazar, Gary E. // RCR Wireless News;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p17
The article reports that wireless service providers are looking towards markets in China and the U.S. for growth. As reported, spending in China is set to take off as 3G networks are built, and wireless providers overall continue to report profits. Ericsson Inc. posted a profit for the second...
- Wireless firms dominate mega-mergers in 2Q. // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p26
Reports that Qwest Communications International's bids for US West and Frontier Corp. ranked second and third in the largest proposed mergers and acquisitions in the telecommunication sector in the United States for the second quarter of 1999. Dominance of wireless firms in merger activities in...
- Breaking: U S West. // Advertising Age;9/29/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 39, p61
This article announces the launch of US West Communications Group's wireless personal communication services (PCS) and advertising campaign in September 1997 in Denver, Colorado. The campaign for the wireless service was handled by Dailey & Associates, based in Los Angeles, California. It...
- Combine and conquer. Manneti, Peter // Telephony;11/17/97 Supplement, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p12
Details the strategy of US West Communications Inc. for its entry into the wireless communication market. Concentration of focus toward the goal of differentiation via intuitiveness, simplicity and product utility; Integration of wireless system with information system; Offering of bundled...
- After 2 Years, Ericsson Returns To TV Airwaves. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p26
Focuses on Ericsson's launch of its national advertising campaign to promote a phone with built-in wireless Internet capabilities. Ericsson's return to the television airwaves after a two-year absence; Aspects of the campaign.
- Ericsson will equip Intec with Mobitex. // RCR;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p29
Reports that Ericsson Incorporated received an order for a wireless data communications network from Intec Telecom in the Republic of Korea. Plans of the company to install a Mobitex network in the greater Seoul area.
- Ericsson Strives To Provide Unified Messaging Mailbox. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p24
Provides information on the plan of Ericsson Messaging Systems to provide end users a unified messaging mailbox. Statement issued by Sture Ostlund, president of Ericsson; Basis for the concept of the Ericsson product; Services being provided by the Internet Protocol network.
- U S West offers one-stop shopping. // Marketing News;2/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p15
This article reports that US West Communications Inc. is offering consumers every telephone service imaginable, including long-distance calling. Other features in the one-stop shopping campaign include a variety of personal communications services, such as one-touch return-call dialing, a new...