Texas timber harvesting halted
- Service lives and physical depreciation of capital assets in the Canadian wood industry Trelawny, Peter M. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;May1997, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p649
A variety of assumptions concerning the service lives and physical depreciation of capital assets have been made in previous economic studies of the manufacturing of wood products in Canada. However, the existing literature offers little evidence for choosing among these important...
- Illegal logging. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the draft action plan designed to combat illegal logging and smuggling of timber agreed between the governments and non-governmental organizations in Great Britain and Indonesia. Logging control policies; Cooperation in trade data collection and trade monitoring; Implications for...
- LOGGING ILLOGIC. Haugen, Christine // World Watch;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the issue of illegal logging. Percentage of illegal cut woods supporting world needs; Lists of crimes accounted to illegal loggers; Need of community involvement in forest management.
- Limits on the usefulness of erosion-hazard ratings: experiences in northwestern California Rice, R. M.; Gradek, P. D. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Aug1984, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p559
No abstract available.
- Australia: Expert calls for no further logging limits. // CFA Newsletter;Dec2012, Issue 59, p14
The article focuses on the call of forest industry expert on the forest management plan of Australia to stop further limiting of areas to be logged due to conservation reserves.
- Green acres. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99 Supplement, p18
Takes a look at the condition of the Pennsylvania hardwood forests. Description of the Pennsylvania forests; Advantages of a well managed forest; Market for American hardwoods; Logging activities in Pennsylvania; Logging operations of different companies; Research activities geared towards...
- Australia: Qld's state forests reopen to logging. // CFA Newsletter;Mar2013, Issue 60, p20
The article reports on the decision of the Queensland Government to reopen up to 30,000 hectars of state forest for logging, noting that all foresters activities are internationally certified by third party auditors worldwide.
- Response of herpetofaunal communities to forest cutting... McLeod, Roderick F.; Gates, J. Edward // American Midland Naturalist;Jan98, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p164
Evaluates the relationship between herpetofaunal communities and forest management, specifically logging and prescribed burning, on the Atlantic coastal plain of Maryland. Materials and methods utilized on the study; Number of individuals of herpetofaunal and small mammal taxa captured in four...
- Responses of boreal epiphytic bryophytes to different levels of partial canopy harvest. Caners, Richard T.; Macdonald, S. Ellen; Belland, Ren� J. // Botany;Apr2010, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p315
Epiphytic mosses and liverworts contribute substantially to the bryophyte diversity of circumpolar boreal forests but are susceptible to altered growing conditions after forest harvesting. Management practices that retain some trees after harvest may enhance epiphyte survival; however, the...