On the whole
- Intelligence for all. // Christian Science Monitor;1/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 31, p17
Opinion. Analyzes events in daily life of the people in a spiritual perspective.
- Intelligence that doesn't deteriorate. // Christian Science Monitor;9/1/99, Vol. 91 Issue 194, p19
Offers the author's anecdote and experience detailing that intelligence is spiritual, eternal and infinite, not temporary and limited.
- Spiritual viewpoint: the Internet frontier. // Christian Science Monitor;2/9/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 54, p19
Asserts that all intelligence comes from God and that a spiritual viewpoint will help people approach the Internet.
- The Brain and Religion: How Do They Relate to Each Other? Reich, K. Helmut // Intellectual Discourse;2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p141
This essay evolves around three concepts: (i) brain, (ii) religion, and (iii) relationship. Much of current misunderstandings and disputes result from using these concepts in differing ways without making the differences clear. Therefore, the stage is set with the corresponding definitions and a...
- Are We Spiritual Machines? Dembski, William A. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1999, Issue 96, p25
Argues on the philosophy of man as spiritual machines. Materialism as an explanation of human and intelligence agency; Characterization of machines and its functions; Absence of empirical evidences for a materialistic reduction of intelligent agency; Mind-body as a problem of ontology.
- Is it anti-intellectual to believe in God? // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/98, Vol. 90 Issue 215, p9
Discusses belief in God from a Christian Science perspective. Concern about seeming intellectually naive for believing in God; God the source of intelligence; Intelligence and genetics; Views from social science; People's inherent spirituality; Saying no to the determinism of matter; Saying no...
- The Place Of Intellect, Contemplation And Unveiling In The Thought Of Ibn Al - 'Arabi. Adam, H�daverdi // Journal of Academic Studies;May-Jul2004, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p149
Reflects on the concept of intellect, contemplation and unveiling in the thought of Ibn Al-'Arabi. Representation of rational consideration in the Qur'an; Religious aspects of intellect and intuition; Spiritual basis of truth and intellect.
- The Soul and Its Enemies. BARR, STEPHEN M. // National Review;12/3/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 22, p40
An essay is presented that discusses Christianity and modern materialism. The author discusses the presence of philosophical materialism in modern culture and its hostility to the notion of a spiritual soul. The author states that many Christians are ignorant of basic traditional Christian...
- What's your IQ? Does it really matter? // Christian Science Monitor;11/18/98, Vol. 90 Issue 248, p19
Discusses intelligence from a Christian Science perspective. Whether intelligence testing is important; The belief that intelligence is a quality, not a material quantity.