Zany Retailer Adds Noodles To The Mix, Plans To Open More Stores This Year
- Zany Brainy to Buy Noodle Kidoodle for $40 Million. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p9
Announces that multimedia children's retailer Zany Brainy will purchase Noodle Kidoodle in 2000. Terms of the merger agreement; Headquarters of the merged company; Total revenues of the two companies in the fiscal year ended January 31, 2000.
- Zany Brainy rescue reveals ray of hope for small chains. Lisanti, Tony // DSN Retailing Today;7/23/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p10
Editorial. Comments on the financial failures faced by retail chain Zany Brainy in the United States. Focus of the company's problems; Result of its acquisition of Noodle Kidoodle in July 2000; Discussion on several strengths of Zany Brainy.
- PERSPECTIVES. // Chain Store Age;Jun2000, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p41
Presents update on the retail store industry of the United States as of June 2000. Decision of educational products and toy retailer Zany Brainy to acquire rival Noodle Kidoodle; Actions taken by Ames to attract senior-citizen customers; Partnership of Toys `R' Us with The Home Depot Incorporated.
- Zany Brainy secures spot as No. 1 in specialty niche. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;5/8/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p5
Deals with the acquisition of Noodle Kidoodle company by toy retailer Zany Brainy. Benefit of the transaction; Comparison between the two retailers; Terms of the agreement.
- Poor Start for Zany Brainy, Noodle Kidoodle. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p16
Reports that Zany Brainy and Noodle Kidoodle suffered financial losses for the first quarter ended April 29, 2000. What contributed to the losses; Percentage of losses incurred by both companies; Information on the planned merger of both companies.
- What's zany-er than a noodle? Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;8/7/95, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the opening of Zany Brainy and Noodle Kidoodle stores in the Chicago, Illinois area. Investors of Zany; Remarks from Dan Koenig of competitor Toy Connection; Willingness of investors to finance expansions.
- Zany Brainy firm merges with Noodle Kidoodle chain. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, Special Section p14
Reports that Zany Brainy Inc. has agreed to merge with Noodle Kidoodle Inc. Total number of stores of the combined companies; Zany Brainy's retailing of toys, games and books; Exchange of shares; Financial performance of the two companies in fiscal 1999; Zany Brainy officials' projected first...
- Zany Brainy, Noodle Post Record Sales. // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p20
Reports the increase in the net earnings of Noodle Kidoodle and Zany Brainy for fiscal 2000. Factors that influenced the companies' earnings; Overall performance of both companies; Plans of Zany Brainy.
- Zany brainy, Noodle Kidoodle capitalize on baby boomlet. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;05/04/98, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p8
Reports that educational toy and software retailers Zany Brainy's and Noodle Kidoodle will be opening stores in Westchester County, New York. National rivalry between the retailers; Noodle's and Zany's capitalization of the baby boomlet.