- Life Transitions and the Brain. Gallo, Eileen // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on how psychological stress can lead to poor health and illness. Information is provided on the most stressful events in a person's life such as divorce, childbirth, and retirement and how they relate to personal financial security. Topics include the different brain...
- Thoughts on Retirement Preparation. Daniels, Jane Zimmer // SWE Magazine;2014, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p58
The article offers advice on retirement planning. Topics discussed include the transition from work to retirement, the key factors to consider before retiring such as relationships, commitments and personal goals, and the need for retirees to seek the services of financial planners to consider...
- Younger Workers Lack Feeling of Control over Retirement. // Plan Advisor News;2015, p46
The article focuses on a 2015 Country Financial Security Index survey, which found that 49% of Americans younger than 30 do not feel in control of determining their retirement date. Topics discussed include the number of retirees who say that living the retirement dream is achievable, and those...
- Focus On All Aspects Of Life When Planning For Retirement. Guyton, Joseph // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/11/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 38, p13
Discusses the importance of focusing on all aspects of life when planning for retirement. Variables to be integrated in retirement planning; Usual focus of retirement planning; Areas to focus on when developing plans. INSET: Areas To Focus On When Developing Plans.
- How I Did It. Soler, Ian; Hochman, David // Money;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p180
The article profiles Ian Soler, a retired electronics engineer from St. Augustine, Florida. He tells how he and his wife Brenda planned to retire by age 50, which included a decision not to have children. Financial data is provided. The reasons for renting instead of owning a home and for...
- Planning for a Bumpy Ride. Updegrave, Walter // Money;Jun2009, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p28
The author reports on steps that retirees can take to ensure that their retirement savings can last throughout the rest of their lives. Steps that the author suggests that retirees take include to initially withdraw money from their retirement accounts at a conservative rate and to be willing to...
- Pru plea for employers to boost financial planning. Lunn, Emma // Money Marketing;6/17/2004, p22
Reports on a Prudential survey which showed that almost three quarters of retired individuals did not seek help with their financial planning before their retirement. Prudential's advice to employers planning to give personal finance assistance to employees.
- REAL-LIFE RETIREMENT PLANS (AND HOW MUCH THEY MIGHT COST. // New York;10/31/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p29
Presents several statements from retirees on their financial preparations for retirement in New York. Vacation plans of New School president Bob Kerrey; Apartment expansion project of Sarabeth Levine, owner and chef of Sarabeth's; Travel ambition of Penny Arcade, a performance artist.
- Retirement Is More than Just the Money. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2014, p13
The article reveals that many retirees in the U.S. find the retirement life more satisfying that anticipated, according a survey conducted by financial planning company MassMutual. Topics discussed include the unfounded fears of many pre-retirees, the importance of retirement planning, and the...