Wireless Employee Training? Sun Calls It `Just In Time.'
- Sun technologies set to be part of NTT DoCoMo devices and Symbian. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p8
Reports on Sun Microsystems Inc.'s signing of two separate memorandums of understanding designed to further its presence in the wireless industry. Call for Japan's NTT DoCoMo to deploy the company's Java, Jini and JavaCard technologies in its i-mode digital cellular phone and wireless services...
- Sun launches Java Mobile Information Device platform. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p14
Reports the launching of the Mobile Information Device (MID) profile, a communication system by Sun Microsystems Inc. in the United States. Creation of the MID profile through the Java Community Process; Telecommunication companies participating in the development of the device; Features of the...
- Sun offers advanced network computing power. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p40
Focuses on Sun MicrosystemsInc.'s announcements regarding plans to offer advanced computing power for wireless network elements and operations support systems.
- Linux lends a hand to Sun engineers. Cox, John // Network World;7/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Sun Microsystems Computer Corp.'s roll out of a critical service application on Linux operating system. Reliability of the open source operating system. INSET: A REPORT FROM THE FIELD by John, Cox..
- Reinventing SunU. Smith, Peter A. // Training & Development;Jul94, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on the reinvention of the Sun Microsystem's training organization in terms of concepts, tools and change management. Linking of training to customers' needs and overall business strategies; Reasons for reinventing; Responsibility of SunU for all employee training at Sun Microsystems;...
- How to build a better boss. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;9/5/94, Vol. 11 Issue 35, Inside pA/1
Focuses on Sun Microsystems' career-management service. Helping employee at all levels manage their career; Services included; Other computer companies that make training and career orientation a part of their business.
- Java Community Process members outline wireless Java road map. // RCR Wireless News;2/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the road map for dealing with Java technology within the wireless industry released by companies within the Java Community Process. Benefits of Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Java technology; Aim of the effort to develop a road map for Java; Companies participating in the effort.
- Sun shines on service providers. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p12
Provides information on iForce, an initiative of the Sun Microsystems that aims at leveraging Java to help Internet Protocol-centric and wireless providers. Key areas targeted in iForce; Elements of the initiative; Information on the consulting practice designed to help speed up the delivery of...
- Korean operators to adopt Java platform. Wendelken, Sandi // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p22
Reports that South Korea has adopted Sun Microsystems Incorporated's Java platform as its wireless Internet standard. Overview of Korea's mobile data market; Subscribers of mobile operators KTF and SK Telecom.