Schools Track Vehicles With Wireless Tools
- No more missed buses. Bazzy, Jared // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
Presents information on BusTrack, a product which was introduced to allow parents to know when a school bus arrives or drops off their children. Identification of the companies which developed the product; How the product operates; Indication that the product allows two-way communication...
- Tech Tools. // DSN Retailing Today;9/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p12
Features the Sunbeam bulb produced by Elite Group in the U.S. Design of the bulbs; Bulb features; Market distribution of the bulbs by Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Microprocessor-controlled laser tracker for atmospheric sensing. Johnson, Robert A.; Webster, Christopher R.; Menzies, Robert T. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Apr1985, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p547
An optical tracking system comprising a visible HeNe laser, an imaging detector, and a microprocessor-controlled mirror, has been designed to track a moving retroreflector located up to 500 m away from an atmospheric instrument and simultaneously direct spectrally tunable infrared laser...
- A design overview of asset tracking systems from 30,000 feet. // Automatic I.D. News;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p32
Summarizes underlying factors in business logistics that contribute to the successful implementation of automatic asset tracking in a large enterprise. Examples of the technology's benefits; Incorporation between logistics politics and practice through automatic data collection (ADC)...
- UHF system keeps tags on logistical problems. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);3/1/2003, Vol. 291 Issue 7591, p6
Reports on a British-Canadian joint venture to develop radio-based electronic labeling and tracking systems. Companies involved in the effort; Features of the systems being developed by the joint venture.
- Box Telematics introduces tracking device. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p12
Reports the introduction of a solar-powered tracking device by wireless telemetry specialist Box Telematics in March 2003. Company involved in the device's development; Features.
- Tag, You're Tracked. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/29/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the use of electronic identification tags to keep track of school children in Japan.
- Tracking Kids a Good Idea? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;11/29/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p7
Cites the advantages and disadvantages of letting students carry electronic tags so that the schools can keep track of their movements.
- Keeping Your Assets Safe. McNichols, Shawn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p26
Presents several insights of security personnel on asset tracking system. Features of an asset tracking system; Products employing tracking security system; Technological advancement in asset tracking.