Price Per Minute In Major Cities
- Verizon offers new in-flight calling option. // RCR Wireless News;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p16
Reports on a new in-flight calling option launched by Verizon Wireless in the U.S. in 2005. Benefits of the Airfone Service for Verizon customers; Rate of per-minute calling using the service; Availability of the service.
- How much cell service do you really need? // Consumer Reports;Jan2014, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p29
The article offers consumer information about cell-phone service, as of January 2014. It discusses various types of cell-phone service plans and offers recommendations on which offers the best value for various consumers, including a family, a couple who primarily use a landline telephone, and...
- HITS & MISSES. Goff, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p23
The article informs that Jenny Fielding who is related to the field of business and two European partners have launched Switch-Mobile, which offers cell phone users one-touch international dialing at calling-card rates. Subscribers download a Java application called Globe Dialer from a Web site...
- ARS study finds consumer rates have fallen. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p38
Presents the results of a study conducted by ARS Inc. on consumer cellular telephone service rates as of April 2002. Rate of overall per-minute fees and plans; Benefits from the services offered by VoiceStream Wireless; Telephone service rates implemented by Cingular and Nextel.
- AT&T Adds New Rate. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p99
AT&T Wireless unveiled in May 2004 rate plans intended to cut subscriber costs. Driven by improvements of its own global system for mobile communications (GSM) network and through roaming agreements with Cingular and other carriers, AT&T unveiled GSM America calling plans that eliminate roaming...
- Dial Yourself A Deal. Weisser, Cybele // Money;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p33
As some 12 million cell-phone users are expected to switch carriers this year, now that a new law has made their numbers portable, the nation's largest carriers rolling out a steady stream of sweet deals. Cingular, for instance, is offering 500 extra rollover minutes a year that subscribers can...
- Verizon launches in Georgia, Alabama. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Announces the launching by Verizon Wireless of its branded service in Georgia and Alabama.
- Verizon expands Express Network. // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the expansion of Verizon Wireless' coverage of Express Network data service into several counties surrounding the greater San Francisco Bay Area in California.
- Re-auction refunds could drive mergers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the possible effects of the re-auction refunds that will be received by wireless companies. Wireless companies to benefit from the refunds; Speculation on the mergers and acquisitions in the industry; Target market of Verizon Wireless.