P-Com Struggles, Eyeing Comeback
- P-Com Gets $1.5 Million Order From Brazilian Data Service. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct99, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p2
Reveals that P-Com, Inc. has executed an agreement and received an initial order for its AirPro and AirLink equipment from a data service provider in Brazil.
- Siemens, P-Com supply WinStar. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p10
Reports that Siemens and P-Com Inc. supplied a point-to-multipoint Wireless Access solution to Washington D.C.-based WinStar Communications Inc.
- P-Com wins GSM contract in China. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p41
Reports that P-Com Inc. and Ceragon Networks Ltd. have been provisioned to supply a combination of their fixed wireless access systems to a Global System for Mobile communications operator in Tianjing, China. Description of the technology to be provided by both companies.
- Business briefs. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p33
Presents news briefs concerning the wireless communications industry in the United States as of April 26, 1999. Includes an agreement which involve offering Boston Communications Group Inc. customer care solutions through Lucent Technologies Inc.'s NetCare consultative service offerings; P-Com...
- Quietly, TracFone Following Prepaid to Profit. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
Discusses how the prepaid wireless business helped Miami, Florida-based TracFone Wireless to improve its financial performance after years of business losses. Views of carriers on prepaid business; Cash flow posted by TracFone on September 30, 2002; Products to be launched by the company in 2003.
- Gear. // Wireless Week;3/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p66
Evaluates various wireless communication gear. Graphical programming environment of the Agilent Visual Engineering Environment Pro 7.0 software from Agilent Technologies; Features of P-Com's SpeedMesh Mobile, a communication technology that connects computer and personal digital assistants to...
- Motorola Q2 Handset Unit Sales Slide 13%. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p37
Reports that wireless handset maker Motorola Inc. has reported a decrease in sales, operating earnings and shipments in its personal communications segment in the second quarter of 2003. Reasons behind decrease in mobile phone business; Percentage decline in sales of personal communications...
- Towers of Babble. Sternstein, Aliya // Forbes Global;6/9/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p58
Highlights the number of voice mail boxes in the U.S. Decline in revenue in North America; Importance of unified messaging.
- Cingular, agent fight over N.Y. expectations. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the allegations of Alan Kaufman, owner of independent wireless agent Harvard Cellular Inc., regarding the role of Cingular Wireless LLC in the financial problems facing the company in the New York City market as of April 21, 2003. Actions taken by Kaufman after Cingular opened stores...