PCS Re-auction: What's The Rush?
- FCC constructs new electronic system for license applications. Wayne, Debra // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the proposed reconstruction of license applications to be done by an electronically based system for wireless operators and related frequency coordinators for the second quarter of 1998 by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Details on the number of licensing systems;...
- Qualcomm battle for pioneer's preference continues. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on Qualcomm Inc.'s legal battle with the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) over its quest for a pioneer's preference mobile phone license it believes it deserves for cdmaOne technology. Appeals hearing to determine whether the FCC correctly dismissed Qualcomm's...
- FCC Document Asks Many Questions, Lays Out Options. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Provides information on the document released by the United States Federal Communications Commission that focuses on issues raised by the third-generation (3G) spectrum. Questions that the document raised; Issues on the proposal for licensing 3G spectrum; Options for pairing spectrum bands.
- FCC: Extending LMDS Limits? Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is considering the rules that bar local telephone and cable operators from holding local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) licenses in their own service areas. Prediction on the LMDS rules; Vision of the commission when it...
- How Open Will "Open Networks" Be? Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;9/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p22
This article discusses an auction for 700 MHz spectrum that will be conducted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2007. According to the author, the FCC has ventured outside its usual regulatory power in defining both the structure and use of the five commercial channel blocks...
- License Snafu Enmeshes FCC. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p1
Discusses issues on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) policy on the automatic cancellation of licenses for wireless companies. Discussion on the commission's cancellation of 21st Century Telesis' license; Other wireless companies wherein licenses were cancelled by the FCC.
- Budget Sidesteps Spectrum Snit. // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p15
Discusses the role of the United States Federal Communications Commission to reclaim spectrum licenses held by telecommunications companies that go bankrupt. Reaction of the House on its role; Alternative on how to reclaim the licenses.
- Leap Gets FCC's OK As A DE. // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p1
Announces that the United States Federal Communications Commission has reaffirmed Leap Wireless International Incorporated's rights to acquire personal communications service (PCS) licenses. Target market of its PCS licenses.
- Nextel Cuts Deals To Relocate Incumbents. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p14
Deals with the significance of the 800 megahertz auction in August 2000 in the United States for Nextel Communications Incorporated. List of agreements made by Nextel with other companies relating to the telecommunication licenses up for auction; Federal Communications Commission rules in...