BT: Tracking Back Or Signing Off?
- BT drops behind Orange in subscriber adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the decline in the performance of British Telecommunications' wireless unit, BT Wireless in Great Britain during the second quarter of 2001. Number of customers added by BT Wireless during the quarter; How BT Wireless defines prepaid customers; Members added by BT Wireless to its...
- BT Plans Sweeping Changes. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the planned changes of British Telecommunications PLC (BT) in response to its debt. Debt ratings of BT; Network company and holding company to be created by BT; Changes planned by BT for its wireless communications business.
- Tailless & tetherless. // America's Network;05/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the world's first third generation (3G) universal mobile telecommunications systems wireless network will be built in the Isle of Man, a country located in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland. Launching of the 3G network; Reasons behind the decision of British Telecom to...
- BT restructure plan includes selling some wireless assets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports that British Telecommunications PLC has launched a companywide restructuring plan that includes plans to sell off up to 25 percent of the company's wireless holdings.
- The Race Speeds Up. // Export Today's Global Business;Jul2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the plans of British Telecom (BT) to invest into wireless telecommunication services in Latin America. Strategy of BT for expansion.
- BT shows wireless kit to retailers. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;7/18/2002, p8
Focuses on the wireless technology designed by BT company for shoppers in Great Britain. Features of the wireless products; Advantages of the products on consumers.
- Can BT improve ailing brand by dumping ET? Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);5/31/2001, p19
Reports on the decision of British Telecom to replace its 'ET' campaign with an advertisement featuring characters in the film 'Gladiator.' Strategy to address competition in the wireless telecommunication industry; Relevance of the campaign to the target market.
- Bringing Wireless to Enterprises. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Apr2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p12
Reports that British Telecom PLC's Genie Internet portal is creating wireless data access. Market opportunities for the market sector according to portal executives.
- BT launches WAP-based Internet strategy. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
Reports on British Telecom PLC's launching of wireless access protocol (WAP)-based Internet strategy. Extension of Genie Internet services to WAS-enabled phones; Formation of partnerships with 30 companies.