Motorola: A Matter Of Expectations
- Motorola unveils new pager products. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p116
Reports that the North American Paging Subscriber Division of Motorola Inc. plans to announce several paging devices at the 1998 Personal Communications Showcase (PSC) in Orlando, Florida. Identification of the pagers to be featured at PCS; Information on the pagers; Features and advantages of...
- NPCS modem allows wireless meter reading, control of appliances and equipment. // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p64
Features a personal communication service modem, a two-way paging technology developed by the Messaging Derivatives Division of Motorola's Advanced Messaging Group. Capabilities; System requirements.
- Motorola Pins Hopes On GPRS. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p1
Provides information on the expectations of the company Motorola for a turnaround on an array of GPRS phones. Comments from Mike Zafirovsky, president of the personal communications sector of the company; Factors affecting the company's performance; Reactions from industry analysts to the plans...
- Motorola moves deeper into new phone tech. Diaz Jr., Frank // Caribbean Business;9/12/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p57
Informs on Motorola's launch of two personal communication devices, the C330 series of next-generation telephone. Features.
- Motorola ends production on two personal models. Bournellis, Cynthia // Electronic News;12/9/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2146, p8
Reports on Motorola's announcement of its decision to stop the production of its Envoy and Marco personal communicators by yearend 1996. Offer of customer support for one year and indefinite support of the company's wireless service; Motorola's focus on wireless communications products such as...
- Motorola to upgrade Horizon's 3G network. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the signing of an agreement by Motorola Inc. to upgrade and expand the Horizon personal communication service code division multiple access system. Objective of the upgrade; Remarks from Fred Wright, senior vice president of Motorola.
- IN TOUCH. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;4/15/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 15, ps-2
The article tells how the Motorola Inc.'s Talkabout and StarTac cellular telephone help a teenager from North Carolina in his travels.
- Motorola goes into the heart of Texas. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/15/96, Vol. 231 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the $40 million contract of Motorola Inc.'s Pan American Wireless Infrastructure Division with Poka Lambro to install C block personal communication services equipment. Installment of Motorola's SC 604 code division multiple access base station; Poka's plan of using its licenses and...
- PCS in the pastures. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;04/21/97, Vol. 232 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the Virginia PCS Alliance's selection of Motorola's Cellular Infrastructure Group to provide $50 million worth of network infrastructure. Alliance's plan to build 1.9 GHz code division multiple access systems covering portions of Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee and Maryland; Types...