WTO-China Talks Carry Wireless Stakes
- WTO Entry To Aid Industry. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the deal between the United States and China which led to China's membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO). Significance of China's entry into the WTO; Prospects for wireless manufacturers and carriers in the Chinese market; Impact of China's WTO membership on the integration...
- Year of monkey business. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
Comments on the future direction of the U.S.-China trade relation as of January 2004. Population of China; Business opportunities provided by China to the wireless industry; Information on the U.S. approach to China.
- CAN THE CHINESE STATE MEET ITS WTO OBLIGATIONS? GOVERNMENT REFORMS, REGULATORY CAPACITY, AND WTO MEMBERSHIP? Yang, Dali M. // American Asian Review;Summer2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p191
Assesses how reforms affected the regulatory capacity of the Chinese government in its compliance with requirements for membership in the World Trade Organization. Similarity of the government with other market economies after downsizing the bureaucracy; Promotion of government transparency;...
- China Deal. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;5/3/99, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p7
Editorial. Comments on issues relative to the planned entry of China into the World Trade Organization (WTO). Attempts of Chinese officials to craft a compromise with the United States for WTO approval; Refusal of the Clinton administration to settle down with the compromise; Support of...
- WTO Accession: China's Next Steps. // China Business Review;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the accession protocol of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Details on the accession process; Information on the Protocol of Accession (POA) and its parts; Status of China's accession to the WTO. INSET: Taiwan's accession.
- China renews drive for a berth in WTO. Zarocostas, John // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/9/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 89, p11
Reports on China's bilateral talks with the United States, the European Union, Japan and other countries in Geneva in a renewed effort to secure membership in the World Trade Organization (WTO). Rejection of Chinese bid in 1994 after its trading partners considered that the country's...
- China's WTO accession: commitments and implications. Kong, Q // Journal of International Economic Law;Dec2000, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p655
Examines the process of China's World Trade Organization accession process. Link between internal reform and external economic integration; Factors that affect the implementation of the law concerning international agreements.
- CHINA TAKES A BIG LEAP. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 241, p8
Editorial. Discusses the admission of China into the World Trade Organization, and the growth of capitalism in China.
- China's new balancing act. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;11/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 242, p8
Discusses the admission of China to the World Trade Organization, and the impact of geopolitical changes in Asia on the assessment of China.