Where's The Fire (Sale)?
- PCS auction shatters record. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's auction for personal communications services (PCS) licenses. Money raised in the government auction; Proposal for alternative uses for the money raised; Partnership formed between bidders.
- Local, Long-distance Spar Over LMDS. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the move of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to bar telephone and cable providers in holding local point distribution service (LMDS) licenses in their own service areas. Argument raised by US West on the decision; Plans of MCI WorldCom for LMDS spectrum.
- 39 GHz: A Day Later, A Few Dollars Shorter. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the licenses offered by the United States Federal Communications Commission for a wide range of telecommunication service at 39 gigahertz (GHz). Services that can be offered under the band; Revision made by the commission on its proposed formula for up front payments.
- Next PCS auction comes into view, current one lurches along. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;1/2/95, Vol. 228 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the decision of the Federal Communications Commission to auction licenses set aside for small businesses, rural companies and women from April 17, 1995. Details of the auction for licenses in the `A'and `B' blocks.
- Compromise in works for pioneers. CS // Broadcasting & Cable;9/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 37, p14
Reports on a compromise agreement being worked out by United States government and congressional staffers regarding fees charged to pioneer preference holders for valuable personal communication services (PCS) licenses. Federal Communications Commission's rescinding of its order granting three...
- 700 MHz sale postponed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction of commercial licenses in the 700 MHz band, while proceeding with plans to auction licenses for guard-band managers and proposing service rules for public-safety uses on the same band.
- PCS license limbo. // Telephony;11/02/98, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p48
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has lost the right for now to licenses currently tied up in litigation.
- FCC adopts date, rules for 220MHz service. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rescheduling of the auction date for the 220MHz-222MHz licenses. Issuance of the Memorandum of Opinion and Order on Reconsideration; Comment by Alan Shark, president of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.
- FCC clarifies ULS forms. // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has clarified that paging carriers cannot use Form 900 when electronically renewing their licenses through the Universal Licensing System (ULS). Forms that should be used when renewing through ULS; Information on Form 900; Details...
- FCC approves ULS rules. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules implementing the universal licensing system. Dismissal of 50,000 multiple address system applications; Comments from FCC Chairman Bill Kennard; Proposal by the FCC to redesignate portions of the 18 GHz...