- And So the Build Goes On... Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p22
Announces the plans of MCI WorldCom to build an international telecommunication network. Purpose of the move; Telecommunication cables added by MCI in its European backbone; Fibre optic cabling from Racal Telecom acquired by MCI. INSET: News in brief.
- Deja vu for MCI WorldCom. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;11/15/99, Vol. 237 Issue 20, p9
Highlights an investigation by the United States Senate on the MCI WorldCom merger problem. Information on the merger of MCI WorldCom and Cable & Wireless; Overview of the charges against MCI WorldCom.
- Fear and self-loathing. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;04/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p76
Comments on the attempts of telecommunication carriers to distance themselves from the past and reinvent their business strategies. Press release of MCI WorldCom about its business plans; Other major carriers that `rebrand' themselves as major players in the Internet; Performance of the stock...
- Marketing expenses drive up network service costs. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p22
Discusses the breakdown of service costs imposed by MCI WorldCom to its customers. High cost of marketing by the telecommunication company; Percentage of cost stemming from local-access charges and switching and transport equipment; Cost of billing the services provided by the company.
- WORLDCOM.GOV. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;5/26/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p18
Comments on telecommunication firm MCI WorldCom Inc.'s business dealings with the U.S. federal government since filing for bankruptcy protection in 2002. Growth in MCI's revenue from federal contracts; Politics behind MCI's continued relations with the federal government.
- Cooling the Bottom OF THE Rock. Bartuska, Rick // Engineered Systems;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p50
Features the MCI WorldCom's telecommunications switch center at Chicago's famed Prudential Plaza in Chicago, Illinois. Need for the year-round environmental control of the MCI WorldCom's telecommunications switch facility; Impact of cooling to the viability of high-end data transmission;...
- Less cause for alarm. EUSUFZAI, SEHRA // America's Network;02/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p70
Presents information on the software platform named Integrated Management Platform for Advanced Communications Technologies (IMPACT) at MCI WorldCom. Limited scope of the system; Remarks from Jon Spieker, senior manager of network surveillance systems; Benefits provided by IMPACT.
- It's official: MCI WorldCom has landed. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;09/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p29
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission in the United States has approved the MCI WorldCom merger. Value of the merger agreement; Future plans of the company; Views of Eric Paulak, an analyst with the Gartner Group. INSET: Briefs.
- MCI Puts Contenders on Hold. Sampey, Kathleen; Baar, Aaron // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/8/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p2
Reports on plans of telecommunications company MCI WorldCom Inc. to postpone the selection of advertising agency to handle its consumer account pending a re-evaluation of business strategies. Decline of stock price in November 2000; Contenders for the account.