- Motorola, Nokia to develop handset. // RCR;05/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p35
Reports that Motorola Incorporated and Nokia Corporation have been selected to construct a prototype digital handset for NTT DoCoMo in Japan. Aims of the digital handset; Information on what the handset is based on; Plans by NTT to implement wide-band code division multiple access (CDMA)...
- Carriers eye SIM cards to combat cellular fraud. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;3/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the use of subscriber identity module (SIM) by personal communication services (PCS) providers to minimize cellular fraud. Features of the SIMs; Commitment of GO Communications to the SIM card concept; Use of the SIMs with DCS1900; Concerns regarding the American market's air...
- Risk assessment. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/11/97, Vol. 233 Issue 6, p6
Warns wireless users about the security and privacy risks posed by different modes of wireless transmission. Evaluation of wireless systems by the US National Institute of Science and Technology and the National Security Agency; Study establishing models of potential threats; Security...
- Running out of MINs. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;06/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p74
Discusses the importance of the mobile identification number (MIN) in the wireless communications systems industry. Major wireless technology that do not use the MIN identifier; Reason behind the shortage of MIN codes; Potential sources of MIN codes.
- In transport. // Electronic News (10616624);11/15/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1989, p4
Reports on the International Electrical & Electronic Engineering (IEEE) 802.11 committee's approval of a draft protocol for the media access control (MAC) layer for wireless transmission. Joint proposal by NCR, Symbol Technologies and Xircom; Introduction of silicon development.
- Nokia Rivals Motorola For Telematics. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p1
Introduces the telematics division of the Nokia Mobile Phones Inc. in the United States. Challenge to Motorola's Telematics Communications Group; Major players in the progress of on-board telematics systems; Digital technology of Nokia.
- Shosteck report examines Nokia, Motorola handset share. // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p45
Reports on the study conducted by Herschel Shosteck Associates Ltd. on Motorola Inc. and Nokia Corp.'s shares in the worldwide handset communications market.
- The Keys to Wireless Security. Crenshaw, Scott // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p13
Explains security systems and applications with potential applications for wireless communication. Description of a security system that requires frequent exchanges of public keys; Implementation of a cryptosystems based on factorization and discrete logarithm.
- TECHNOLOGY REVIEW. Samson, Steve // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p28
Explains strategies for establishing a secure commerce and information infrastructure for the wireless Internet. Importance of recognizing the bandwidth limitations of wireless Internet; Range of security options offered by standards such as the Wireless Identification Module (WIM).