Towering Issues In Latin America
- Double-Spreading Modulation Scheme Picks Up Where CDMA and TDMA Leave Off. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;07/10/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p28
Reports that the multiple-access wireless systems industry is under pressure from customers demanding higher data rates and increased service quality. Limitation of available bandwidth and output-power levels by regulatory requirements; Minimum signal-to-noise ratio needed to meet application...
- Multiple Services, Single Network. Fisher, Glen // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p46
Deals with the need of wireless communication carriers to maximize their networks to enable them to offer multiple mobile services. Role of third-generation networks in the possibility of the shift from voice-centric to data centric services; Benefits of a single, unified network...
- Tucson businesses integrating 3G technology. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;4/14/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p16
Reports on the transition of telecommunication companies from traditional service providers to 3G technology service providers. Benefits of 3G technology; Companies that provide 3G-technology service in Tucson, Arizona; Speed of data transmission through 3G technologies.
- This LAN is your LAN. Taner, John C. // Wireless Asia;12/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p22
Examines how Wi-Fi switches bring user awareness to the enterprise network. Concerns of business wireless clients about security and network management problems; Importance of subscriber management software that gives LAN user awareness. INSET: The obligatory standards war.
- NUMBERS CRUNCHED. // Telephony;10/17/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 20, p18
Presents a chart related to statistics in wireless communication systems in Canada.
- Perceived Speed Key To 3G Success. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p24
Emphasizes the role of wireless communications companies' ability to deliver data and voice coverage in the success of third generation wireless networks. Plans of Verizon Wireless Inc. for its EV-DO service; Challenges in achieving data and voice coverage parity; Way to meet user expectations...
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATION. // Finance Week;3/21/2005, p52
Provides information pertaining to the 802.11-based wireless local area network (WLAN).
- Fresnel Zone. // Network Dictionary;2007, p204
A definition of the term "Fresnel Zone" is presented. It refers to an elliptical area on either side of the straight line of sight that must be clear for a long-range wireless network to work.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/16/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p18
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry in the Middle East as of April 16-22, 2004. Prequalified bidders for the third mobile phone network of Jordan; Appointment of Detecon and Mobile Telecommunications Company to manage the GSM networks in Lebanon; Prequalification of companies...