One Person's Trash Is Another Person's Life Saver
- Cell Phones Save Lives. // Association Management;Oct2000, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p22
Deals with the Donate a Phone program, a partnership effort of the Motorola company with the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Wireless Foundation in the United States. Aim of the campaign; Number of wireless phones donated by Motorola since 1996; How to participate in the...
- Wireless Foundation honored for service fighting domestic abuse. // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p22
The article reports on the 2006 Vital Link Award given to the Wireless Foundation by the National Domestic Violence Hotline. The Wireless Foundation instituted the Call To Protect program to fight against domestic violence. The program provided cellular telephones and airtime to survivors of...
- Mobile rescue. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/29/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p28
Reports on the efforts of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Motorola and the Wireless Foundation to form the Call to Protect, a program for victims of domestic violence. Support given by the National Football League teams to the program.
- SafeNet needs cell phones. // Erie Gay News;Feb2009, p4
The article announces that SafeNet is looking for used cellular telephones to be used by their clients for emergency purposes.
- Motorola readies Red phone debut. // Marketing (00253650);5/17/2006, p2
The article informs that Motorola Inc. is planning a multimillion-pound spend to back the launch of a handset in conjunction with Red, the charity brand created by Bono to fight HIV/AIDS in Africa. Red will receive Â£10 for each of the colored handsets sold as well as 5% of the monthly revenue...
- Wireless Foundation launches donation campaign. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p47
Reports that the Wireless Foundation and the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence launched a national `Donate a Wireless Telephone,' campaign.
- Where are you? // New Media Age;10/6/2005, Supplement p4
This article focuses on the availability of the Where are you? ringtone to mobile phone users, with the intention of donating all profits from those who purchase the ringtone to Red Nose Day in Great Britain. Mobile users wanting to personalize their mobile phone with the memorable words, Where...
- IoF mobile donation warning. Pudelek, Jenna // Third Sector;2/4/2014, Issue 784, p6
The article reports on the warning issued by the Institute of Fundraiding (IoF) in February 2014 concerning the proposal by the European Union (EU) to improve the security payments through mobile phones.
- Save the Children launches major charity mobile drive. Kilby, Nathalie // Marketing Week;5/25/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p19
The article reports on Save the Children's launch of what it claims to be the first mass-market charity campaign in Great Britain to use multi-media service and user-generated content from mobile phones. The campaign, called Ouch, will be launched in May 2006 and will be supported by a wide...