Take Him Into The Ball Game
- Going to Bat for Nellie. Hengstler, Gary // ABA Journal;Oct90, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the formation of 'The Nellie Fox Society' by a group of lawyers from Chicago, Illinois with the aim of getting Jacob Nelson Fox into baseball's Hall of Fame. Focus on the Veterans Committee; Game statistics of Fox; Reason for Fox's retirement from the baseball league.
- Running cases, winning cases. Robb, Margret G. // ABA Journal;Aug96, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p140
Presents an analogy between baseball and the legal profession. Baseball as a game of equal turn; Lessons from the baseball diamond that lawyers can adopt; How baseball players and lawyers are judged.
- Former DC Lawyer May Run Baseball. Conconi, Chuck // Washingtonian Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the chances of former Washington, D.C. lawyer Larry Lucchino in replacing Bud Selig as commissioner of Major League Baseball. Career background of Lucchino; Achievements.
- Offermanns and Bisons go way back. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;5/28/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 43, p1
The article offers information about lawyer Frank Offermann Jr., counsel to the law firm Offermann Cassano Greco & Slisz LLP, and his family's ties to Buffalo Bison baseball team. His father owned the team from 1920 until his death in 1935 and the family kept the team until 1939. The team made...
- His own private Steinbrenner. Media, Dolan // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/23/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 26, p11B
The article discusses the decision of lawyer and Stone Legal Resources founder Alan R. Stone to leave the legal business and establish the Worcester Tornadoes minor league baseball team in the U.S. The team is playing it second year at the Can-Am League. According to Stone, legal recruiting and...
- Cooperstown of the West. Taylor, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Apr2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on attorney Marshall Fogel's baseball collection. Passion for collecting baseball treasures; Insights into interpreting the trademarks and determining the ages of baseball bats; Bat collection; Recognition he received as king of baseball collectibles.
- Lawyers, Law, and Baseball. Allen, Richard B. // American Bar Association Journal;Oct78, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p1530
Examines the connection of baseball, law and lawyers in the United States. History of baseball in the U.S.; Lawyers who served as commissioners of baseball; Antitrust lawsuits filed against the U.S. baseball.
- Playing Hardball: A Chicago lawyer has a league of her own. Morocco, Maria // ABA Journal;Oct92, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p105
Focuses on Chicago, Illinois-based lawyer Judi Kahn's involvement with the American Women's Baseball Association. Kahn's early interest in baseball; Kahn's pro bono work for the league; Kahn's career in the legal profession.
- For 'baseball men' the bottom line is what matters. Distel, Dave // San Diego Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p30
Takes a look into the San Diego, California-based law practices of both Tony Attanasio and Alan Ostfield, as representatives of players, managers and coaches in negotiations with major league baseball teams. Profile on both sports lawyers; Types of services offered by both lawyers; Efforts of...