Aspiring To New Platforms
- Web-based solution used by Cisco could help you, too. // Communications News;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p42
Features Cisco Systems, the internet's leading network provider and its access to transfer information regardless of differences in time, place or type of computer systems. Remarks from Carolyn DePalmo, finance program manager; Business drivers identified by Cisco for automating the purchasing...
- Valley days. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;05/14/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 20, p20
Presents information on Cisco Systems, an Internet service provider. Earnings, sales and excess inventory charge for the third quarter of 2001; Factors affecting Cisco's financial performance; Future of Cisco.
- PIRANHAS IN THE WATER. Spangler, Todd // Interactive Week;11/6/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p100
Focuses on the challenges faced by Cisco Systems Inc. as an Internet service provider. Details on the business operations of Cisco; View of Foundry Networks on the business move of Cisco.
- TELENOR & CISCO BUILD IP-BASED FULL SERVICE NETWORK IN NORWAY. // Networks Update;Aug99, p1
Reports development of a network infrastructure based on Internet Protocol (IP) technology by Telenor and Cisco Systems Inc. in Norway. Contents of the agreement; Transition of Telenor to single IP-based networks; Enhancement of the transmission capacity; Role of the network in the global...
- TCO tall tales. Weinberg, Neal // Network World;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the total cost of ownership claims of Internet service providers in the United States. Reports produced by 3Com Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc.; Absence of industry standard for measuring cost of ownership.
- Certifiable Products. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p14
Reports the DOCSIS 1.1 certification of several cable modem termination systems of Internet service providers in the U.S. Efficiency of the termination system of Cisco System; Completion of the DOCSIS 2.0 specifications.
- COMPUTING'S NEXT SUPERPOWER. SCHLENDER, BRENT // Fortune;5/12/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p88
Features Cisco Systems and its chief executive officer John T. Chambers. The partnership between Cisco and Microsoft Corp. and Intel; The master plan devised by Chambers, John Morgridge, and Ed Kozel; The focus on network computing; The way Cisco hopes to continue being a force on the Internet.
- Cisco invests $49 million in Akamai. DeVeaux, Paul // America's Network;09/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p14
Talks about the investment made by Cisco Systems in Akamai Technologies. Plans to enhance and jointly develop content routing; Internet content delivery service offered by Akamai; Plans to jointly develop protocols and algorithms.
- Cisco Posts Strong Results. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p38
Reports the corporate finance of Internet service provider Cisco Systems Inc. in the U.S. Percentage of sales growth in network transmission and Internet Protocol-based products; Figures of the total sales; Increase of pro forma gross margins.