Price Per Minute In Major Cities
- Global wireless opportunities abound. Cissna, Tami // Electric Light & Power;Jul98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on a Yankee Group report which projected that worldwide wireless telecommunication growth will continue through 2002. Growth in the number of global mobile telephony subscribers; Increase in the number of cellular networks existing worldwide; Concerns that developing countries' markets...
- Wireless taps new users; price a barrier. // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p23
Cites a survey conducted by the Yankee Group on the growth of wireless service market. Demographics of wireless phone users; Barrier posed by steep pricing.
- Consumers will only pay premium for custom data. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p6
Highlights the results of a Yankee Group wireless consumer survey, which shows that the only type of wireless data a customer is willing to pay for is customized information. American household's use of wireless technology in 1998; Preference for separate devices for wireless phone.
- PRICE WARS? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;7/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on price wars that occur among providers in the wireless service industry. Marina Amoroso, an analyst at the Yankee Group, pointed out that price wars are ongoing and indistinguishable. Voice mail, according to Amoroso, is already a commodity, and the real activity lies in...
- Infrastructure spending to rise over next few years. // RCR Wireless News;10/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p42
Provides information on a study conducted by the Yankee Group on wireless infrastructure spending.
- Enterprises say they crave wireless, yet few adopt. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the report released by Yankee Group on the wireless connectivity in business enterprises. Factors that hinder the full business application deployment in the wireless space; Significance of the development of wireless virtual private network.
- INSIGHT. // Telecom Asia;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p10
Reports on global developments involving companies in the communication industry. Increase in the capital spending of Carrier Corp; Purpose of the study conducted by Yankee Group; Estimated market of mobile games in China.
- Value-added services fare differently market to market. // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p26
Discusses a report by Yankee Group Inc. on the performance of wireless value-added service providers in various regions of the world in 1998. European wireless carriers' demonstration of the most innovation in developing and offering new value-added services (VAS); Latin America's offering of...
- Wireless notebook. Mason, Charles // America's Network;02/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p24
Presents updates in the wireless communication industry. Findings from the report by The Yankee Group conducted on wireless users; Marketing strategy of companies to attract wireless users.
- Yankee Group counts 875 wireless operators. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p5
Forecasts the growth of international wireless communication systems operators in 1999 according to the report `Cellular/PCS Competitive Licensing Agreement & Global Forecast,' by Yankee Group Inc.