Is Fifth Party Invading Canada?
- CANADIAN COMPETITION AWAITS. RAMSAY, MAISIE // Wireless Week;3/1/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p14
The article reports on new companies, which are entering the wireless telecommunication market of Canada. It is reported that, despite the economic downturn, the market, which is controlled by the oligarchy of Bell Canada, Telus Corp. and, Rogers Telecom Inc., has seen new entrants. The new...
- TELUS SELECTS ADC'S PERFORMANCE MANAGER FOR WIRELESS. // Worldwide Telecom;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p2
Reports the installation of ADC company's Metrica Performance Manager by TELUS for its TELUS Mobility wireless services in Canada in March 2003.
- Telus Mobility reports record results. // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p7
Reports the results of the first quarter subscriber base of Telus Mobility, the national wireless telecommunications business unit of Telus Corp. in Ontario as of April 2001. Implications of the results; Number of subscribers it added to its base.
- From Wireline to Wi-Fi. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;2/24/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on Bell Canada Inc.'s wireless conversion program in Canada. Development of wireless local area networks; Utilization of underused payphones; Implementation of the program.
- TELUS Corporation SWOT Analysis. // TELUS Corporation SWOT Analysis;Sep2012, p1
The article offers information and presents SWOT analysis of TELUS Corp. It states that TELUS Corp is a telecommunication company based in Canada that offers wireless and wireline telecommunication products and services. It says that based on its SWOT analysis, one of its strengths is a strong...
- KDDI expands international roaming services. Mori, Yoko // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the launch of international roaming services in Canada by Japanese wireless operator KDDI, using its standardized cdmaOne technology, in January 2001. Services provided by Telus Mobility, partner of KDDI in its Canadian operation; Expansion of the carrier's international roaming...
- Amdocs rolls out billing system on Telus network. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Announces Amdocs' launching of its Unix-based Ensemble customer care and billing solution at Telus Mobility, the largest cellular provider in Alberta.
- Plan to kill free Internet. // CCPA Monitor;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p45
The article reports that an activist group has uncovered plans for the demise of the free Internet by 2010 in Canada. The group says by 2012 the trend will be global. Bell Canada and TELUS will begin charging per-site fees on most Internet sites. The plans made by the large telecommunication...
- Bell Canada to make pay phones hot spots. // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the launch of Access Zone, a pilot service from Bell Canada company allowing North American wireline carriers transform pay phones into 802.11b hot spots. Benefits of the service to wireline carriers.