Site Of The Week
- CBInfotech. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p40
Takes a look at news related to Internet and web sites. Web site called Convertafile.com; Chance for users to convert files from one format to another using a browser; Combination of telephony and data via the Internet.
- Blogging--What Is It? Conhaim, Wallys W. // Link-Up;May/Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
Provides information on Web logging or blogging on the Internet. Concept of blogging; Examples of Web logs; Features of Web logs that distinguish them from other home pages.
- THINK SMALL(ISH). Eslinger, Tom // AdMedia;Mar2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p56
Discusses the use of microsites, that are small web sites available on the internet. Significance of microsites in advertising; Functions of microsites; Guidelines for making a microsite.
- Advertisers' favorite femmes love the Net. // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/1/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p34
Presents information on women's use of the Internet. Top sites for adult women in January 1999.
- Interactivity makes for wonderful Web sites. Dysart, Joe // Frozen Food Age;Oct98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p62
Features a sampling of key interactive elements of a Web site. Search engines; Request-for-more-info form; Text-only option buttons; Overt-the-Net job applications; Cool tools; Interactive games; Online surveys; Special interest data domains.
- Microplex. Mills, Ashton // Australian Personal Computer;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p148
Reviews the Microplex online service at http://www.mpx.com.au.
- Blogging. // Whole Earth;Winter2000, Issue 103, p52
Focuses on Weblogs, another development in the use of hyperlinking on the Internet. Purpose; Reasons for the popularity of weblogs; Significance of starting weblogs; Information on several weblogs sites and sources.
- New site shows us for what we are: a bunch of creeps and weirdos. Kaufman, Matt // Pipe Dream;3/19/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p7
In this article the author discusses on the new Formspring Web site.
- Form vs. substance in Web site designs. Watt, Michael // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/22/99, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p5C
Presents news updates concerning Web sites in the United States for the week ending January 28, 1999. Factors that must be considered when designing Web sites; Developing viewer loyalty by generating a Web site community; Yahoo! Corp.'s global distribution agreement with International Business...
- A day in the life of a listserv moderator. Milbury, Peter // Technology Connection;Apr96, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p28
Discusses the Internet discussion group. What the members form as a result of the connections; Who each group is moderated by; Information on LM-NET; What does the discussion group moderator life consumed of; Three main areas of responsibility for the moderator; What the operation involves.