Interactive Fiction Invades WAP
- AUSSIE ASSAULT. Clarke, Stuart // Australian Personal Computer;May2002, Issue 281, p120
Reports on developments in interactive entertainment in Australia. Role of Australians in the global gaming scene; Infogrames and Electronic Arts' establishment of development studios in the region; International success of the Beam Software. INSETS: WANNA BREAK INTO THE GAME INDUSTRY?;THE...
- Portents of doom. Silverthorne, Sean // PC Week;10/31/94, Vol. 11 Issue 43, pA/1
Discusses the marketing prospects for multiplayer games. AT&T's pull out from a partnership with PF. Magic to sell a network gaming device; ImagiNation Network's financial loss in 1993; Companies offering interactive gaming.
- Pigskin preview. Quittner, Joshua // Time;10/5/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p102
Discusses interactive football games. Mention of GameDay '99; Madden NFL '99; NFL Blitz '99; Best choice for a Nintendo 64 console; Price; Features. INSETS: A convenient way to snoop;Funeral-planning software;Caller ID gets smarter, by Anita Hamilton.
- The adjuster. Falcon, Richard // Sight & Sound;Feb96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p62
Reports on the controversy surrounding the inception of subliminal messages into computer games and interactive entertainment systems. Allegations that the CD-ROM Endorfun contains feelgood messages that `drug' children; Question on the effectiveness of subliminal messages.
- In A Tough Industry, GameWEEK Plays For Keeps. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/14/98, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the success of the trade magazine `GameWEEK,' earlier called `Video Game Advisor,' published by CyberACTIVE Publishing Inc. Coverage of the interactive entertainment or computer game industry in the United States; Background information on beginnings; Strategy employed to distinguish...
- Nothing Like Reality. Fixmer, Rob // Interactive Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p8
Suggests several revisions to digital versions of interactive software for blackjack. Body language of the card dealer; Environment of the casino; Etiquette of the players.
- Maths Mansion Disk 2. Hopkins, Chris // Micromath;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
Reviews the interactive CD Maths Mansions 2 for Mathematics games. Product features;Channel overview; Contact information.
- Marketing fuels game sales explosions. Gillen, Marilyn A. // Billboard;12/17/94, Vol. 106 Issue 51, p56
Reports on developments in interactive media in the United States. Brisk opening-week sales of Nintendo's video game `Donkey Kong Country'; Surging sales of the CD-ROMs `Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' and `Doom II: Hell on Earth'; Marketing strategies.
- Pianomouse Goes to Preschool. Ostergard, Maren; Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p86
Reviews the Pianomouse Goes to Preschool interactive game from Pianomouse Prods.