Getting Messages Via The 'Net
- Short and Sweet. // CMA Management;May2000, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p10
Reports that OracleMobile.com has added short messaging for wireless devices. OracleMobile.com's wireless Web services; Measures to minimize typing on the cellular phone; Creation of preset favorite short messages.
- ONE OF THE UGLIEST WEEKS THAT WAS. // eWeek;10/16/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p3
Reports developments related to telecommunications in the United States as of October 2000. Accounts on the wireless application products of Delta and Northwest Airlines; Failure of the Chipshot.com Web site to generate funding; Introduction of an electronic mail client Entourage on Macintosh...
- OracleMobile.com provides movie data. // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p4
Reports on OracleMobile.com's voice recognition-enabled service for its oramobile.com wireless portal.
- Oracle Expands Its Wireless Role. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p3
Reports that Oracle Corp. has formed a subsidiary called OracleMobile.com, which will use the company's Portal-to-Go product for wireless communication devices. Background of Portal-to-Go; Overview of the voice and data technology and services to be provided by the company; Comments from Larry...
- Briefly. // Telephony;09/11/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 11, p110
Presents news briefs on wireless communication service providers in the United States as of September 2000. Strategic partnerships of OracleMobile with several companies; Opening of a laboratory in Dallas, Texas to test the Wireless Application Protocol-based applications of AnywhereYouGo.com.
- Why Not Internet On Pagers? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p10
Deals with the wireless Internet service launched by OracleMobile, a wireless subsidiary of Oracle Inc. Implication of the technology; Details on the service; Comments from analysts.
- Oracle Mobile Addictive Wireless Content. McGarvey, Robert J. // EContent;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p51
Provides information on the operations and management of Oracle Mobile, a maker of wireless data tools. Features of Oracle Mobile products and services; Outlook of Oracle Mobile on the future of mobile content; Challenges in delivering wireless content.
- News Bits. // Network World;5/31/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p6
Several news reports on developments in wireless communication systems, gathered as of May 31, 2004, are presented. Howard Carmack, a man convicted of using the network of Internet service provider EarthLink to send out hundreds of millions of spam messages was sentenced to three-and-a-half to...
- Wireless Access on Serve. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;10/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p30
Cites the emergence of application servers in wireless telecommunication. Criteria for wireless-application servers; Why Oracle found it critical to move into the wireless-application-server market; Potential of multilingual application servers. INSET: Application-Server Fortitude.