European 3G Licensing: Beauty Or Booty Contest?
- High Price Expected for 3G Mobile Licences. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the expected price for third generation (3G) mobile licenses in the United Kingdom. Details on trials conducted by operators on 3G mobile networks, terminals and services known as universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS); Major factor that determines final auction prices;...
- U.K. 3G auction frenzy set to spread through Europe. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p40
Focuses on the third-generation (3G) license auction frenzy in Europe. Influence of the auction success in Great Britain; Complaints from European operators; Disadvantage of the British auction format; Speculations on the potential withdrawal of United States and European bidders from the...
- German UMTS bids near $4B. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p27
Updates on the auction for 12 blocks of the Universal Mobile Telecommunication System spectrum in Germany.
- India's tortuous path to 3G. David, Ruth // Telecom Asia;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the plan of the city government of New Delhi to auction off 3G spectrum and handout broadband wireless access licenses in India on December 7, 2009. According to the author, because telecommunication is capped at 74%, the government allowed interested foreign entities to...
- Austrian UMTS auction garners $728 million. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p45
Reports on the outcome of Europe's fifth auction of Universal Mobile Telecommunications System licenses.
- Auction Feast or Famine. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p10
Focuses on sustaining high level bids for second generation spectrum license auctions in the United States (U.S.) in September 2001. Opinion of U.S. service providers on third generation license auctions in Europe; Potential of the mobile virtual network operator model.
- Australian 3G auction draws two U.S. contenders. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p99
Reports on the support of tow United States companies for companies participating in the auction of third-generation spectrum in the 2 gigahertz band in Australia.
- Australia primes for 3G bidding. Colquhoun, Lachlan // Telecom Asia;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports the emergence of bidders for 3G spectrum in Australia. Companies pay deposits for the spectrum auction; Opening of the bidding for the 15-year licenses; Forecasts of the government on the amount raised in the auction; Purpose of the deposits.
- U.K. tries again with fixed wireless license sale. // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p38
Reports on the plans of the government of Great Britain to auction several fixed wireless communications licenses that went unsold in November 2000. How the auction will work; Amount of money raised during the November auction.