Tower Siting: From Pincushions To Porcupines
- The battle of NIMBY. Kipp, Victoria W. // Site Management & Technology;Fall2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p20
Provides information on the U.S. Telecommunications Act of 1996 regarding residents resisting to plans of tower siting in their neighborhood. Categories of industrial towers; Example of local reactions of residents to entities seeking approval for the proposed location of a tower; Role of the...
- Tower-siting bills spur backlash. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p3
Reports on local residents and officials' opposition against tower-siting bills in Virginia and Massachusetts. Likelihood that the bills would be approved in both states; Virginia Senate's approval of a bill that would overturn a 1999 state supreme court ruling; Bell Atlantic Mobile's deal with...
- Jersey considers tower bill. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the consideration of the New Jersey state government for a bill that would prohibit the erection of towers. Introduction of an identical copy of the bill in the Assembly and Senate; Exemptions of the bill; Criticisms of the bill by Cole and Browman LLC consultant David Cole.
- You can't always get what you want. Funk, Clayton // Site Management & Technology;Fall/Winter2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p32
Comments on the status of tower and wireless industries, as of November 2002. Details on the problems facing the tower industry; Information on the increasing credit instability of many carriers; Factors contributing to current industry problems.
- A Time to Sell. Witkin, Patty // Wireless Review;05/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, A Review of New Sites p7
Cites the decision of tower companies to consolidate assets, personnel and services. Benefits of tower companies on the trend that emerge in the industry; Information on the sale of Airadigm Communications' tower to SpectraSite; Approach used by the company in selling; Factors to consider when...
- Seller Beware. Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;06/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p80
Discusses the factors to consider when selling wireless telecommunication towers. Network control; References about tower companies; Stipulations of the contract.
- Erect Peacekeeper tower won't shrink in cold, says chief. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;10/3/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on the erection of the 190-foot communications tower near the PK station in Kahnawake, Quebec that will boost the communication powers of the Kahnawake Fire Brigade, Kahnawake Peacekeepers and other services in the communities across the province.
- Telecom firms resist CDA policy; avoid towers sharing. // Flare (Pakistan);6/15/2012, p61
The article reports that the telecommunication services in the Islamabad have been resisting the policy of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) and avoids sharing each other's towers for curtailing their growth.
- Bass bill puts tower burden on carriers. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
Reports on Representative Charles Bass' (R-N.H.) introduction of legislation to shift the burden of antenna siting to wireless carriers to ensure transmission towers meet with approval of local residents. Allowance of local zoning boards to reject applications to erect towers if structures are...