Is $125 Million Enough?
- Qualcomm seeks license for Miami via preference. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;3/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on Qualcomm Incorporated's request to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the Miami pioneer's preference personal communications services license. FCC's rejection of a previous request made by company; Questions if the FCC will grant this license.
- FCC OET requests Qualcomm input. // RCR;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Looks at a request from the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Office of Engineering and Technology to Qualcomm Incorporated, over its action concerning the FCC's denial of Qualcomm's pioneer's preference application. Reason for the overturned decision by a federal appeals court.
- Qualcomm may seek stay of 60-69 auction. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. may seek a stay of the upcoming channel 60-69 auctions if the United States Federal Communications Commission denies its petition. Preference license denied of the company; Spectrum requested.
- Qualcomm Considers Credits. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Qualcomm is seeking an amount in bidding credits for upcoming spectrum auctions in 2000. United States Federal Communications Commission's failure regarding Qualcomm's 1992 Pioneer's Preference application; Conditional assist of Motorola for Qualcomm; Value of the credits.
- Qualcomm battle for pioneer's preference continues. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on Qualcomm Inc.'s legal battle with the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) over its quest for a pioneer's preference mobile phone license it believes it deserves for cdmaOne technology. Appeals hearing to determine whether the FCC correctly dismissed Qualcomm's...
- Pondering the fate of pioneer's program. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p1
Reports that a United States Court of Appeals has ordered the US Federal Communications Commission to grant Qualcomm Inc., a pioneer preference license. Qualcomm's efforts to acquire a preference license for developing the cdmaOne technology; Court's overturning of the agency's rejection of...
- Court overturns FCC rule on Qualcomm's pioneer's preference. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rejection of Qualcomm Incorporated pioneer's preference application which was overturned by a federal appeals court. Reason the court overturned the FCC's rejection of the application; Various differing views on the issue.
- Qualcomm argues no one can buy IS-661 phone. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p28
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s filing of a petition with the United States Federal Communications Commission to deny Omnipoint Corp.'s request to transfer its New York personal communications services pioneers' preference license to Voice-Stream Corp. Qualcomm's claim that Omnipoint has not...
- Qualcomm drives for 700 MHz spectrum. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the application filed by Qualcomm Inc. at the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to grant it spectrum in its channel auctions. Need for the approval to make up for the pioneer's preference license denied by FCC in previous applications; Significance of the...