- 3G handsets to test users love affairs with phones. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the roles of Qualcomm Inc. and Motorola Inc. in setting the wireless industry ready for third-generation of wireless phones. Several wireless phones for cdma2000 1x service; Wireless phones available for General Radio Packet Service (GPRS); Problem with third-generation wireless...
- Stocks drop amid solid earnings. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
Reports on a decline in the stocks of several wireless companies in the U.S. as of January 2004. Views of Stax researcher Mark Bremer on the reason behind the depreciation of the Motorola stock; Percentage decrease in the stocks of Qualcomm; Increase in the profits of Alltel.
- Vendors earnings show prosperity, despair. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the first quarter profits posted by several wireless companies in the U.S. for the period ending January 2005. Qualcomm; Lucent; Motorola.
- Wireless data walks the walk. Gohring, Nancy; Schmelling, Sarah // Telephony;09/28/98, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on wireless data products introduced at the PCS '98 show in Orlando, Florida. Motorola Inc.'s launching of its IS-95b high-speed data solution; Qualcomm Inc.'s unveiling of its high data rate wireless technology for cdmaOne networks; Optimization of voice and data separately.
- Technology Enhancements Start New Standard Debate. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on disputes on a wireless communication standard at the Wireless 2000 exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. Complaint against Qualcomm Inc.'s High Data Rate (HDR) technology by Motorola Inc.; Challenges recognized by Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) carriers to gain input and review...
- Motorola gets gutsy. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;7/30/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the plan of Motorola Corp. to sell chip expertise to handset developers. Competitors of Motorola in the chip industry; Advantages of Motorola over competitors; Comparison with the business strategy of Qualcomm Corp.
- Qualcomm's Earnings Up 130 Percent for Year. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the increasing income for fiscal year 2003 by Qualcomm Inc. in California. Production of high-technology products; Escalation of profit from the wireless phone technology; Escalation of sales revenue.
- By the Numbers. // Wireless Week;2/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p29
Presents statistics related to wireless communication systems in the U.S., in 2004. Tally of wireless subscribers; Minimum revenue Qualcomm expects to reap in fiscal 2005; Percentage of people who use cellular services during international travel; Interest of young adults in the Motorola RAZR...
- NEWS MAP. // Wireless Asia;Nov2004, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p18
No abstract available.