39 GHz Auction Tops $236 Million
- Incumbent Licensees Wrap Up 39 MHz Auction. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p16
Offers a look at the top bidders for the 39 gigahertz spectrum auctioned by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Revenue from the auction; Licenses acquired by WinStar Wireless Fiber Corp.; Other incumbent carriers that acquired licenses.
- European 3G Licensing: Beauty Or Booty Contest? Quigle, Paul // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p14
Focuses on the third-generation (3G) spectrum auction of Great Britain. Total net bids for the five licenses in Round 138; Auction strategy of the government of Great Britain; Information on the concerns regarding the 3G auction.
- High Price Expected for 3G Mobile Licences. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the expected price for third generation (3G) mobile licenses in the United Kingdom. Details on trials conducted by operators on 3G mobile networks, terminals and services known as universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS); Major factor that determines final auction prices;...
- U.K. 3G auction frenzy set to spread through Europe. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p40
Focuses on the third-generation (3G) license auction frenzy in Europe. Influence of the auction success in Great Britain; Complaints from European operators; Disadvantage of the British auction format; Speculations on the potential withdrawal of United States and European bidders from the...
- German UMTS bids near $4B. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p27
Updates on the auction for 12 blocks of the Universal Mobile Telecommunication System spectrum in Germany.
- India's tortuous path to 3G. David, Ruth // Telecom Asia;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the plan of the city government of New Delhi to auction off 3G spectrum and handout broadband wireless access licenses in India on December 7, 2009. According to the author, because telecommunication is capped at 74%, the government allowed interested foreign entities to...
- Austrian UMTS auction garners $728 million. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p45
Reports on the outcome of Europe's fifth auction of Universal Mobile Telecommunications System licenses.
- Auction Feast or Famine. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p10
Focuses on sustaining high level bids for second generation spectrum license auctions in the United States (U.S.) in September 2001. Opinion of U.S. service providers on third generation license auctions in Europe; Potential of the mobile virtual network operator model.
- Australian 3G auction draws two U.S. contenders. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p99
Reports on the support of tow United States companies for companies participating in the auction of third-generation spectrum in the 2 gigahertz band in Australia.