West Virginia gets good rate in infrastructure sale; last deal for a while?
- Ballot measures. // State Government News;Oct97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p18
Reports that voters will go to the polls in September 1997 to decide whether the West Virginia state government should be allowed to invest state or public funds in stocks. Other ballot measures under consideration include the legalization of marijuana's medical use in Oregon and a forest...
- Between the Law and a Hard Place. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH EAST p69
Reports on public finance conditions of West Virginia as of March 3, 2003. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal 2004; Ratings of the state; Provisions of Pension bond bill.
- GOVERNMENT BRIEFS. // State Journal (WV);11/8/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the decline in the tax revenue of West Virginia in 2013, along with the statement of Deputy Revenue Secretary Mark Muchow regarding the collections of taxes, including personal, consumer, and occupation taxes, which are all below estimates.
- A Subtle Change In Muni Swaps. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the U.S. municipal bond sector as of April 21, 2003. Strong new issue volume; Municipal bond swaps market players' use of the London Interbank Offered Rate (Libor) instead of the Municipal Swap Index; Reasons for the preference for Libor; Influence of 'non-traditional' investors on...
- Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; D.C. Sells $330 Million of GOs. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p2
Reports on the rise in yields from New York City's municipal bonds on July 17, 2003. Sale of general obligation bonds by District of Columbia; Bonds offered in the market; Yields from other bonds.
- Munis Firm as N.Y. Opens Retail On $2 Billion Tobacco Financing. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p2
Reports on the trading of government securities in the U.S. on November 14, 2003. Retail orders in the municipal bond market; Trading of Treasury bonds; Major deals.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 22. // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p2
Presents a table of the performance of United States municipal bonds and government securities as a whole as of August 22, 2000.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p22
Presents a table of municipal bonds issued by Midwestern states of the of the United States as of August 23, 2000. Government obligation bonds issued by Illinois; Amount of prison bonds issued by the Indiana State Building Commission; Underwriters employed by the states.
- Muni Prices End Narrowly Mixed; Merrill Set to Price N.J. for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal market on October 2, 2000. Linking of light trading to the stabilization of prices in the last week of September 2000; Dollar bond trading; Improvement of demand patterns; Rise in insurers' demand for high-grade intermediates.