West's upgrades rose in '97, but Asia aftershocks loom
- Far West Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p29
Presents a chart on the sales of bonds in the Western states of the United States. List of states who issued revenue bonds; Amount of bonds sold; Approval status and expected date sale.
- California and Texas join recovery in the West. Dietrich, R. Kevin // American Banker;11/1/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 211, p7
Reports on the improvement in community bank profits in Texas and California in the third quarter of 1995. Reflection of improving economic conditions in the West; Factors behind increased earnings.
- Far West invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;02/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30836, p30
Presents a chart depicting the invisible supply of bonds in the Far West, United States. Issuer and bond amount information; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Far West bond-watch. Marois, Michael B.; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30836, p31
Reports developments in bond issues in the Far West, United States as of February 2000. Includes civil fraud claim by the Oakland Raiders football franchise against the Oakland and Alameda County, California; Opening of a law firm by Attorneys Sean Tierney and Russ Miller; Endorsement of a...
- Far West: GO yield curves for February 23, 2000. // Bond Buyer;02/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30836, p30
Presents a chart depicting developments in the bond market in the Far West, United States as February 2000. Information on bond ratings per state; Statistics on bond yields in one-year, five-year, 10-year and 30-year term.
- Different routes to success. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Apr98, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on the economy in western United States. Comments from the President of Clark Nuber CPAs, Todd Hatch; Statistical data on Clark Nuber CPAs; Explanations from the Managing Partner of Nigro, Karlin and Segal, Mickey Segal.
- Western update. Mattey, Joe; Dean, Steve // FRBSF Weekly Letter;2/17/95, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p1
Looks at the 1994 performance of the Twelfth Federal Reserve District state by state. Acceleration of growth in California; Increase in economic activity in Oregon, Washington and Arizona; Brisk economic growth in Idaho, Nevada and Utah; Addition of jobs in Alaska; Stabilized labor market...
- The Rocky Mountain West region in transition. Rosenberg, Emily S. // Montana Business Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the Rocky Mountain West region's economic and cultural diversification. Consequences of the region's former dependence on the extraction of natural resources and cultural uniformity; Federal expenditures; Events forcing economic diversification of the region; Contradictions of...
- Sky's the limit. Bonfante, Jordan; Dawson, Patrick // Time;9/6/1993, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p20
Considers the six states that form the spine of the Rocky Mountains, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico, where economic growth since 1991 has regularly exceeded five percent and unemployment stands at 5.4 percent. Rockies increasingly regarded as America's heartland; Region...