Zero-coupon Oregon education GOs prove popular with savings-conscious buyers
- Big spread on zeroes tightens in secondary. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;01/22/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30315, p31
Focuses on the tightening of the big spread on secondary municipal zero-coupon bonds against regular municipal bonds in the United States. Concerns among portfolio managers on maintaining portfolio duration amidst falling interest rates.
- Arkansas investors scramble for insured zero-coupon GO offering. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/09/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30226, p8
Reports on the strong investor reception for Arkansas' zero-coupon state general obligation bonds issued on September 8, 1997. Availability of coupon-paying bonds from 1998 to 2002; Projected strength of retail distribution due to a sizable, local issue and the unprecedented use of insurance on...
- Some Buyers See 'Zero' Opportunities in Secondary Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p34
Reports on the profitability of investing on the undervalued, zero-coupon bond market in the U.S. Valuation of zero-coupon bonds; Level of volatility; Amount of trading activity.
- Even Zeros Get the Blues: As investment-grade deals falter, the convert market shakes. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/16/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 28, pN.PAG
Discusses the status of investment-grade deals in the zero coupon convertible bond world in the U.S. capital market. Decrease in the zeros issued by the company Corning Inc.; Comparison of zeros bonds with the stock market; Problems that arise in the case of zero coupon convertible bonds.
- Getting something for nothing. Korn, Donald Jay; Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the rewards for owning zero-coupon bonds. How zero-coupon bonds eliminate reinvestment risk; Categories of investment in a municipal zero-coupon bonds; Comments from George Strickland, portfolio manager at Thornburg Intermediate Municipal Fund.
- Your Finances. Potter, Tom // ABA Journal;Aug84, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p160
Examines the performance of zero coupon bonds. Comparison with the performance of bond with coupon payments; Structure of bonds; Viability of zero coupon bonds as investment tools.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p16
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds around the United States as of August 23, 2000. Sutro and Co.'s negotiated acquisition of the Arizona-based Casa Grande Industrial Development Authority bond issuance; Amount of bonds issued by Wilkes County, North Carolina; Firms that...
- Rates down, profits up. // Finance Week;05/11/2001, p14
Points out investment opportunities opened up by declining worldwide interest rates to investors in South Africa. Attractiveness of interest rates in South Africa as compared to other countries; Zero-coupon bonds; Impact of interest rate movements on the value of the bonds.
- Exeter research defends zeros' cross-holdings. Daley, James // Money Marketing;11/22/2001, p7
Reports on the result of a research conducted by Exeter Fund Managers on zero-dividend preference shares in Great Britain. Categories of the zeros; Description of the risk of zeros.