South-Western Launches Business Professional Publishing Unit
- Thomson Unit South-Western Adds Digital Texts To College Lineup. // Educational Marketer;02/21/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
Announces that Thomson Learning unit South-Western College Publishing will market and distribute four of its best-selling college textbooks electronically through a partnership with WiZeUp.com.
- Two Thomson Learning divisions team with Glassbook. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p21
Reports that South-Western College Publishing and Custom Publishing have signed a partnership deal with Glassbook Inc.
- Tax Course Is Online. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on Cincinnati, Ohio-based South-Western College Publishing's introduction of an interactive online tax course called TaxPoint.
- K-12 and College Publishers Look to Year Ahead For Bounce They Did Not Get in the First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;6/9/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the financial prospects of U.S. K-12 and college publishers for 2003. Direction provided by first quarter financial results; Importance of niche strength; Publishers' wariness about building textbook inventory in an uncertain market.
- More new titles launched in '91. Levin, G. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p42
Reports that despite a publishing industry recession that continued to worsen in 1991, at least 541 new magazines were launched last year, up five titles from the 536 initially reported for 1990. Final estimates from `Samir Husni's Guide to New COnsumer Magazines'; Considered the authority on...
- K-III picks 3 titles for investment. Donaton, S. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p43
States that K-III Magazines is making significant investments in several titles this year and may be close to selling another. Company officials say several publishers are considering buying `European Travel & Life.' K-III acquired eight consumer magazines from Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.;...
- Feuding publishers make travel tough. Donaton, S. // Advertising Age;6/22/92, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p3
Reports that a nasty battle is shaping up between the publishers of `Conde Nast Traveler' and rival `Travel & Leisure' over `Conde Nast Traveler' magazine's recent acquisition of a defunct competitor's subscriber list. Details of the feud; Only can hurt the publications and the category in the...
- Warning shot. // Advertising Age;11/11/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 46, p28
Opinion. Asserts that companies are devaluing editorial products and treating magazines as commodities. Procter & Gamble's decision to give Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising control over title selection when making magazine buys; Dayton Hudson Corp.'s plan to move money from some regional and city...
- Banking on books. Meldrum, A. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p65
Reports on the sixth Zimbabwe International Book Fair, which has become Africa's premier publishing event, attracting writers, publishers, editors and booksellers from all over Africa, Europe and North America. Presentation of the prestigious Noma award for African literature to Nigerian author...