Torstar Plans More Web Presence, Improved Margins, New Products
- Harlequin's U.S. sales rose 11%, to $174 million, in '93. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/13/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the increase in Harlequin's sales in the United States in 1993 based on parent company Torstar Corp.'s annual report. Increase in operating profit; Total sales in North America; Increase in unit volume; Decline in retail unit sales; Increase in overseas sales; Diversification plans...
- Torstar Plans More Web Presence, Improved Margins, New Products. // Electronic Education Report;04/26/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p7
Reports plans of Torstar Corp. to increase Internet presence and improve company productivity in core businesses in Toronto, Ontario. Incorporation of strategies in the Children's Supplementary Educational Publishing division of the company; Revenue growth of the division for fiscal year 1999;...
- Torstar Third Quarter Income Down Amid Heavy Spending On ITI. // Educational Marketer;11/08/99, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p5
Focuses on Torstar's reduced income for the third quarter due to heavy spending on its subsidiary ITI Education's American expansion program.
- Torstar Achieves Strong Growth; Education Sector Profit Lags. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the increase in the earnings of Toronto, Ontario-based Torstar Corp. for the year ended December 31, 1999.
- Torstar Invests In funschool.com, Takes Minority Position. // Educational Marketer;04/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the investment of Torstar Corporation in funschool.com, a Web site featuring curriculum-based games for children.
- Sale Price Of Torstar's Education Unit Is Lower Than Anticipated. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p6
Reports the decrease of sale price for Children's Supplementary Education Publishing (CSEP) division of Torstar Corp. in Toronto. Effect of the decrease of proceeds on corporate revenue; Account of weak economic conditions and decrease of earnings for CSEP; Concentration on marketing and sales...
- Torstar's CSEP 2Q Sales Up 13.4%, But Profits Still Don't Rebound. // Educational Marketer;09/11/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p6
Discusses the financial performance of Torstar's Children's Supplementary Education Publishing Division for the second quarter of 2000.
- Mediocre results from Harlequin. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 47, p12
Offers financial news and book sales information from Torstar. Sales at its Harlequin book publishing subsidiary for the third quarter of 1997; Operating profits reported; How Torstar's Troll purchase impacted its supplementary education group; Personnel changes at Troll.
- Torstar posts losses. // Editor & Publisher;03/13/99, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the financial loss of Torstar Corp. in 1998. Reason for loss; Comparison between the fourth-quarter loss and year-ago net earnings.