Consumer protection: the options
- Retailers in favour of consumer protection. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p1
Presents survey results of retailers approval for a consumer payment protection scheme in Great Britain.
- Major retailers support consumer safety net. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p1
Reports on the growing number of furniture retailers in Great Britain that have expressed support for a consumer payment protection scheme.
- Customer protection: Lord Kirkham says yes, small retailers no. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;02/16/2001, Issue 5225, p2
Reports a consumer payment protection scheme supported by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham in Great Britain. Concerns of smaller furniture retailers about the potential cost; Views of Kirkham on the issue; Effect of consumer protection scheme on smaller retailers.
- Keeping risk at a distance. Moran, Michael // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p10
Reports on British regulations designed to provide protection to consumers who purchase from retailers through distance selling. Information required from retailers who sell to customers at a distance; Rights of consumers to cancer orders.
- Protection scheme gains further support. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;02/09/2001, Issue 5224, p3
Reports the comments of retailers on the consumer payment protection scheme for the furniture industry in Great Britain. Plans of Homestyle chief executive Michael Rosenblatt for growth; Remarks of Conroy's Furniture merchandise director Michael Conroy on the scheme; Opinion of Furniture...
- Handel verteidigt seine Kunden. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/17/2014, Issue 3, p26
The article discusses consumer protection in the German retail industry.
- Consumer privacy takes the floor at RISCON. // Chain Store Age;Nov97, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p85
Discusses how retailers go about gathering information about their customers and what limits they should respect in the use of that information was up for discussion at RISCON in Philadelphia. Speakers in the convention; Discussion on retail marketing and privacy to children; How privacy is...
- Consumer Watch. // Discount Store News;2/22/99, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p16
Presents an update on the retail industry of the United States (US) as of February 1999. Survey on women's eating lifestyle; Reasons of adults for toy shopping; Issue on consumer privacy invasion.
- SmartLabel initiative to provide product transparency. // Supermarket News Exclusive Insight;12/2/2015, p1
The article offers information on the SmartLabel transparency initiative of the retail and manufacturing industry in the U.S. which would allow consumers to access product information in various methods that includes using a web search.