- Landlord gets the hump. Murdoch, Sandi // Estates Gazette;10/29/2005, Issue 543, p187
This article presents information on the Stewart v. Scottish Widows & Life Assurance Society PLC case in regarding losses arising from a landlord's derogation from grant and breach of quiet enjoyment in Great Britain. The landlord of an industrial estate in Croydon sued Stewart, as the guarantor...
- Compulsory compliance. Short, Wendy; Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;7/8/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 2, p16
Reports on a statement issued by Great Britain's Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) saying that it will not tolerate any breaches of cross-compliance rules concerning single farm payments (SFP). Concerns raised by farmers regarding SFP; Importance of seeking derogations...
- Multi-family housing: Retail sales bring extra income to... Watkins-Miller, Elaine // Buildings;Oct96, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p24
Reports that many apartment residents are purchasing what they need through their apartment management company. Comments from Gerry Wiatrowski, vice president of Property at Equity Residential in Chicago, Illinois; How management firms can use their tenant numbers.
- Tenant lease reviews. Jacobson, Alan // Internal Auditor;Aug96, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p44
Suggests the use of tenant lease review for businesses as a way to identify discrepancies in lease payments. Factors that contribute to the failure to identify overcharges; Ways to correct discrepancies.
- How to hang onto your house by adding on... Hare, P.; Williams, S. // Single Parent;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p11
Gives advice on installing an accessory apartment on to a house as a means of generating extra income. Zoning regulations; Costs; Dealing with tenants; Picking a contractor.
- Landlords as cops: Tort, nuisance & forfeiture standards imposing liability on landlords for... Glesner, B.A. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;1992, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p679
Reviews the liability of landlords and the trend toward broadening landlord liability for criminal activity on rental property in the United States. Development of tort standards that increases landlord responsibility for tenant safety; Three legal doctrines that impose a duty on the landlord...
- Taking `lord' out of landlord. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;5/22/95, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the rental property industry in Detroit, Michigan. Trends; Service competition; Comments from industry executives.
- Pontalba shop owners await word on leases. Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/24/95, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the delay in the awarding of five-year leases to six commercial tenants of the Upper Pontalba Building in New Orleans, Louisiana. Name of the tenant firms; Reasons for the delay; Effect of the delay on the tenants' employees; Expiration of leases on April 30, 1995.
- Rooms for rent--in the upscale suburbs. Weaver, Peter // Nation's Business;Feb93, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p62
Advises sending a detailed, written landlord-employer situation report to one's insurance agent or company when taking in boarders who render in-home service. Avoidance of loss of homeowner's insurance coverage; Implications on insurance of the landlord-employer situation.