- Christies customers lose cash deposits. // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p4
Reports that Christies customers have lost their cash deposits following the furniture retailer's bankruptcy.
- Consumers need to be protected. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/07/2000, Issue 5182, p8
Stresses the importance of consumer protection in the furniture industry.
- Safe shopping progress. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p1
Focuses on a consumer payment protection scheme for furniture retailers in Great Britain. Promotion of policy offering individual cover for specific retailers; Demands for financial information; Restoration of reputation after collapse of retailers.
- Retailers: mixed reactions to Code of Practice Review. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2002, Issue 5275, p1
Reports on the reactions of the furniture retailers toward the review of Consumer Protection Act in Great Britain. Initiation of the move by the British Shops and Stores Association and British Retail Consortium; Consultation of the Department of Trade and Industry with lawyers regarding the...
- YOUR rights. Sirmai, Geoff // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);11/10/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 45, p70
Answers questions about consumer rights. Refund for a deposit in a restaurant; Rights to a refund for a deposit to a breeder.
- Major retailers support consumer safety net. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p1
Reports on the growing number of furniture retailers in Great Britain that have expressed support for a consumer payment protection scheme.
- Customer protection: Lord Kirkham says yes, small retailers no. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;02/16/2001, Issue 5225, p2
Reports a consumer payment protection scheme supported by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham in Great Britain. Concerns of smaller furniture retailers about the potential cost; Views of Kirkham on the issue; Effect of consumer protection scheme on smaller retailers.
- Land of Leather launches its first 'safe' shopping scheme. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p1
Reports the launching of protection bond scheme by the furniture retailer Land of Leather (LoL) company in Great Britain. Effectivity of the plan based on insurance bond of customers' cheque and cash deposits; Objective of shopping scheme plan. INSET: Enter the new world of retail, by Audrey...
- Conmen first target for new furniture industry champion. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p4
The article reports on British Minister of State for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs Ian McCartney's promise to clamp down on Polish imports and raise awareness of the industry. To start with, he has sent trade officials to Poland to discuss unsafe furniture imports. Consumer concerns will...