- Nortel and Calix Partner In Sprint Broadband Deal. Senia, Al // America's Network;11/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that the local telecommunications division of Sprint Nextel Corp. awarded a two-year contract to Nortel Networks Corp. to supply its next-generation broadband video and data solution to local markets in 18 states. Richard Orgis, Nortel's manager of product marketing for...
- Higher data rates draw nearer. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 15, p57
Deals with trials of first code-division multiple access (CDMA) 1X calls in North America. Results of the trials conducted by Nortel Networks; Details on the trial conducted by Sprint PCS, Samsung Telecommunications America and Qualcomm; Potential of CDMA 1X to double the capacity of voice...
- Big Bucks For Infrastructure. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;7/2/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Sprint PCS has signed separate agreements with Nortel and Lucent as part of a plan to increase its network and offer high-speed wireless data services by mid-2002. Aim of Sprint; Terms of the agreements.
- Sprint PCS enters Nortel contract. // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p15
Announces Sprint PCS' signing of a three-year contract with Nortel Networks for cdmaOne equipment and services for Phase III of Sprint PCS' nationwide wireless network development and expansion.
- Spotlight: TELECOM TROUBLES. // Network World;3/3/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Nortel Networks Corp. plans to reduce 2,100 jobs and relocate 1000 more to higher growth and lower cost locations after fourth quarter results did not meet the expectations. Around 3,800 jobs will be cut by...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p1
Presents updates on the cellular telephone service industry as of July 8, 2002. Schedule of the launch of the next-generation network of Sprint PCS; Decision of Verizon Wireless to select Nortel Networks to support its packet switching equipment.
- Sprint PCS signs network-upgrade agreements. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the network-upgrade deals signed by Sprint PCS with Lucent Technologies Inc. and Nortel Networks. Value of the deals; Terms of the deals; Capital expenditures of the company for 2001.
- Nortel Networks, Sprint PCS cooperate on network test bed. // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p31
Reports on the cooperation between Nortel Networks Corp. and Sprint PCS for the construction of the first access technology-independent wireless network test bed using Internet Protocol technology for both voice and data.
- Verizon beats Sprint PCS to 1XRTT. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the commercial launching of the 1XRTT, a third generation telecommunication technology in the U.S. markets developed by Verizon Wireless. Advantage of 1XRTT over other telecommunication standards; Competition of the company with Sprint PCS.