- Teens put off college, rev up new search engines. Meserve, Jason // Network World;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p49
Features the topic search engines launched by North Carolina teenagers Jud Bowman and Taylor Brockman through their start-up firm Pinpoint.com. Ability of the search engine to index only segments of the Web that are relevant to the business needs of a specific company; Existing and potential...
- They Are Nice, Quiet Young Men. Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p34
Features Jud Bowman and Taylor Brockman, venture capitalists and founders of Pinpoint Networks company. Background of Bowman and Brockman; Description of most of the walls in Pinpoint's Cary, North Carolina offices; Essential role of Pinpoint; Information on the company's competitors.
- Jud Bowman: A Search Engine For The Wireless Web. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p51
Interviews Jud Bowman, an 18-year old founder of Pinpoint.com, a company that has developed a search engine keyed to wireless standards. Opportunities seen for the company; How Pinpoint challenges traditional search engines; How he learned about writing a business plan.
- Pinpoint debuts unified search and navigation platform. // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the Search Anywhere unified search and navigation platform launched by Pinpoint Inc., founded by high school students Jud Bowman and Taylor Brockman.
- Hospital tests PinPoint. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p72
Presents information on the unveiling of 3D-iD network, a real-time wireless asset-tracking and personnel-management system from PinPoint Corp., highlighting the testing of this system by the Tisch Hospital of the Mount Sinai/NYU Medical Center Health System. Information on the 3D-iD system;...
- PinPoint 3D-ID to foil notebook thieves. Spooner, John G. // PC Week;05/18/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p45
Announces that PinPoint Corp., maker of wireless asset tracking system for health care, is branching out of vertical industries into portable personal computers (PC) to help companies crack down on notebook PC theft. Details about the 3D-ID technology; When the company hopes to deliver its...
- Search engine's search engine. // Management Services;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p30
Reports that London, England-based search engine, Turbo10, has unveiled a technology connecting over a thousands topic-specific engines on the Internet. Description of the technology as an automated system that creates and maintains connection online; Frequency of update of the list; Technical...
- Web search services in 1998: Trends and challenges. Feldman, Susan // Searcher;Jun98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p29
Features the advancement of and competition among Web search engines in the United States. Differences among search engines; Features of Search Engine Watch; Testing of search engines. INSETS: Test queries;My wish list;Tips and recommendations;New concept: Direct answers to questions
- Images of History on the Web. Mattison, David // Searcher;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p47
Deals with the integration of historic photographs in the features of web search engines. Components of historical photograph; Descriptive systems for historical photographs; Approaches to web searching.